Please complete the application for a Noise Variance for amplified sound that may exceed the already permitted decibel levels within city limits.
- Complete applications must be submitted 45 days prior to the event to allow time for sufficient notice, review and possible appeal of the decision.
- Once the application has been submitted, further instructions will be sent to the applicant.
- The applicant will then have 5 days to complete the application in order to start the 15-day public comment period.
- Please note, an application is considered complete once the application, affidavit of notice, copy of notice, and $50 application fee have been submitted.
When you submit your form electronically, it will be sent to City of Bend staff for further processing. Staff will provide a sample notice and mailing list. The 15-day public comment period does not start until the notice provision has been satisfied and an application fee of $50 has been received. During the public comment period, the City of Bend will accept and consider input received from the public in support or opposition of the request to exceed already permitted decibel levels. Please review the Policy of Criteria for Approval/Conditioning/Denial that the City Manager will use in deciding to grant, condition or deny the request. There is then a 15-day appeal period in which the City Manager's decision may be appealed to the City Council.
Bend Code Chapter 5.50 Permitted Noise Limits - A variance is necessary if you plan to exceed these already permitted time and/or decibel limits. If a variance is not obtained, you will need to remain within these limits.
- Residential Zone: 65 dBA 7am - 10pm | 60 dBA 10pm - 7am
- Commercial Zone: 70 dBA 7am - 10pm | 65 dBA 10pm - 7am
- Industrial Zone: 75 dBA 7am - 10pm | 70 dBA 10pm - 7am
- Noise Code
- Sample Notice
- Affidavit of Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policy of Criteria for Approval/Conditioning/Denial
- Construction Night Work Requests
After three business days have passed, you may also check the status of your application by calling Lorelei Williams, Program Coordinator, at 541-323-8565.