Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) can be a major problem for Bend’s sewer system. When poured down the drain, FOG hardens inside sewer pipes, constricting wastewater flow and clogging the pipes. This can lead to sewer overflows. Cleaning clogged pipes and responding to sewer overflows is very costly to residents, business owners and the City.
Restaurants and other food service establishments are a significant source of FOG because of the amount of grease they use in cooking and other food preparation work. The FOG Control program is intended to prevent FOG (from restaurants and food service establishments) from entering the sewer system.
STAY CLOG FREE
In Your Home:
- FOG Brochure - Residential
- Household Wipes Clog Pipes [PDF]
- FOG Cartoons - redirects to a site not affiliated with the City of Bend
Restaurants and Food Service Industries:
- IPP Code (Grease Highlights) [PDF]
- Grease Trap Cleaning Log [PDF]
- Grease Interceptor Inspection Criteria [PDF]
- FOG Brochure [PDF]
- FOG Penalty Policy