To develop a Feasibility Study for a new Urban Renewal Area.
Currently seeking applicants.
The Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) is seeking applicants to fill thirteen positions on the Urban Renewal Advisory Board. Applicants must be residents of the City of Bend. The Advisory Board will meet monthly over the next two years while a new Urban Renewal Feasibility Study is completed. The Advisory Board will provide recommendations to BURA relating to the potential use of urban renewal for the central area of Bend to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
Interested individuals must complete an application. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Friday, September 7, 2018. They will be reviewed and candidates may be interviewed in mid to late September.
The Committee was formed by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) on June 20, 2018. It was established to provide vital feedback and input on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the central area of Bend.
The Committee will be comprised of representatives from the following stakeholder groups:
- Local developer with long term interest in the central area of Bend
- A (former) member of the UGB Steering committee
- Multi-modal transportation professional
- Business owner inside the feasibility study area
- Resident inside the feasibility study area or a representative nominated by a Neighborhood Association
- Builder – Multi-family and/or Mixed Use
- Residential and commercial financing professional
- Social Service organization representative
- Cascades East Transit representative or a transit dependent resident
- Four at-large community members
Ex-Officio appointees from any of the following Taxing Districts
- Bend Parks and Recreation District
- Library District
- Bend La-Pine School District
- Bend Rural Fire District
- Central Oregon Community College