To develop a Feasibility Study for a new Urban Renewal Area.
The Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB) will meet monthly over the next two years while a new Urban Renewal Feasibility Study is completed. The Advisory Board will provide recommendations to the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) relating to the potential use of urban renewal for the central area of Bend to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
The Committee was formed by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) on June 20, 2018. It was established to provide vital feedback and input on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the central area of Bend.
- Dale VanValkenburg - Developer; Chair
- Whitney Swander - Social Service organization; Vice-Chair
- Robin Vora - UGB Steering committee
- Bart Bowen - Multi-modal transportation
- Elise Jones - Business owner
- Tim Page - Resident
- Dennis Pahlisch - Builder
- Adam Bledsoe - financing professional
- Michelle Rhoads - Transit
- Craig Davis - At-large community member
- Jim Landin - At-large community member
- Sonja Porter - At-large community member
- Steve Porter - At-large community member
Ex-Officio appointees from any of the following Taxing Districts
- Bend Parks and Recreation District
- Library District
- Bend La-Pine School District
- Bend Rural Fire District
- Central Oregon Community College
Comments sent to this email are considered public record and will be shared with the Urban Renewal Advisory Board and posted as part of the meeting materials. Comments received 24 hours prior to a meeting date will be shared at the upcoming meeting. If received less than 24 hours before a meeting, they will be presented at the following meeting.
If you have questions or comments for staff, please contact Matt Stuart, Urban Renewal Project Manager and staff liaison to the Board.
Check below or the City Calendar for details.
- Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Time: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Where: Bend Municipal Court, 555 NE 15th Street
- Within Bend Police Dept. building at the base of Pilot Butte, corner of Greenwood Ave and 15th.
- Parking is limited and available across the street at Lava Lanes parking lot, northwest corner.
MEETING SCHEDULE AND MATERIALS
|DATE||MEETING MATERIALS||PUBLIC COMMENTS|
|08/13/2019||Meeting #4 Packet (Agenda, Minutes, Community Engagement Summary, Draft Urban Renewal Boundary, Forecasting Urban Renewal, Early Implementation Action); Presentation||Public Comments- Mtg 4|
Meeting #3 Packet (Agenda, Minutes, Guiding Principles, Draft Urban Design Framework, Project Types, Boundary Analysis)
|Public Comments- Mtg 3|
Meeting #2 Packet (Agenda, Minutes, Draft Guiding Principles, Urban Renewal Fact Sheet, Urban Design Analysis, Development Feasibility)
|Public Comments - Mtg 2|
|02/12/2019||Meeting #1 Packet; Background Information; Presentation||Public Comments - Mtg 1|