In addition to the amazing Central Oregon lifestyle, the Bend Police Department also offers a wide variety of lateral hiring incentives.
You've been through the Academy. You've worked hard to develop your skills, while serving your current agency. Maybe you've obtained your Intermediate or Advanced DPSST certificates along the way. Now, you're looking for a work-life balance that allows you to enjoy your time off, while being active in your community with family and friends. We want to talk to you!
The Patrol teams work four 11.25 hour days, followed by four days off. Quarterly, each team participates in a six hour training day, where valuable refresher topics such as defensive tactics, EVOC, CPR/First Aid, and recent legal updates are covered. This schedule, combined with a set training day every quarter, makes finding a balance between work and home time easier.
Lateral officers are currently being offered a variety of pay incentives upon hiring, based on DPSST certification level and placement in hiring process. Please see example below:
|Basic||$6,104/month||Step 4 of 5|
|Intermediate||$6,653/month||9% above Basic|
|Advanced||$6,958/month||14% above Basic|
|Potential Annual||$83,502 - $92,043||14% above Basic and Paid Holiday|
Hiring bonus and moving expenses
- $7,500 bonus ($3,750 upon hire and $3,750 upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Moving expenses possibly reimbursed (up to $1,000)
Leave bonus incentive
- 40 hours of sick time and 40 hours of vacation time awarded upon hiring
- 13.5 hours of holiday time per month, in the form of pay or compensatory time
Rotational specialty assignments
- Ability to enhance career opportunities through three year rotational positions in Detectives, SRO's, and Traffic teams.
Community Enhancement Program (CEP)
- Successful participation in CEP adds 2% pay incentive through October 2018 (per current Collective Bargaining Agreement.)