How to apply...
- Create your profile on GovernmentJobs.com To create a profile, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Account". For more information on the account creation process, please view the "FAQ" page. This process can be a bit time consuming, so make sure your account is complete and up-to-date ahead of time. This will make the application process much easier, once the job you are interested in opens.
- Watch the City of Bend Jobs page for postings that interest you. You may also create a job interest card through your GovernmentJobs account to be notified of future openings.
- Have questions about a position that aren't answered by the job description, or elsewhere on our website? Contact a recruiter or schedule a ride-along to learn more.
- If you are applying for a Police Officer position, the requirements are as follows:
- 21 years of age or older
- Completed National Testing Network Frontline test within the past 12 months, or be registered to complete it before the application process closes. If you have already completed this test, be sure to upload a pdf copy of your test scores with your GovernmentJobs application.
- Completed ORPAT testing within the past 12 months.
- A completed GovernmentJobs application, with a current resume and cover letter. Only applications that contain these items will be considered to move forward in the process - incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If you would like verification that your application is complete, please contact us prior to the application close date: email@example.com
Timeline for application review...
- Applications that are complete will be reviewed and scored. This process requires a great deal of time, thought, and careful analysis. Your patience is appreciated!
- Once the screening process is complete, you will be notified of the outcome via email.
- Applicants that are selected to move forward in the hiring process will be invited for a 10 minute web-based interview.
- Applicants that are selected to move forward from the web interviews will be invited to the Bend Police Department for a 45 minute oral board style interview. This is typically conducted with a panel of three Bend Police Department staff.
- If selected to move forward from oral boards, a interview with the Chief is the next step. During this interview, the Chief may make a tentative job offer, conditional on the following:
- Favorable results on a background investigation
- Successful completion of the Oregon Physical Agility Test (ORPAT)
- Successful completion of a psychological evaluation (if applicable to position)
- Successful completion of a medical evaluation (if applicable to position)