The City of Bend offers a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to a very competitive salary range.
The City of Bend Police Department consider their employees their number one asset and have a number of wide range of benefits for employees.
- Uniforms / Equipment: All uniforms and gear required for duty are provided, and uniformed employees receive a maintenance allowance of $30 per month.
- Duty Boots: Reimbursement of $300 every two years for duty boot purchases.
- Healthcare:The City of Bend currently pays 90% of employee (and family) health, dental, and vision insurance premiums.
- PORAC: Legal Defense Plan is provided for sworn employees and CSO's.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees have the ability to accrue up to 90 hours of compensatory time, in addition to applicable vacation and sick time.
- Innovative Wellness Program: Includes on-duty workout time, and programs designed to improve longevity and well-being such as yoga and mindfulness training.
- Community Enhancement Program (CEP): Successful participation in our new CEP carries an additional 2% pay incentive (July 2017 - July 2018).
- Language Fluency Incentive: Earn an additional $1.15/hour for Spanish and ASL proficiency.
- Specialty Positions: Premium pay incentives for specialty positions (FTO's, Traffic, CERT, etc.)
- Career Enhancement Opportunities: Ability to enhance career through three year rotational positions available for Detectives, Traffic, and SRO's.
- Proficiency Incentive Program (PIP): Currently 9% for DPSST Intermediate certificate and 14% for DPSST Advanced certificate
- Educational Reimbursement Program: Available through City of Bend.
Current Salary Range
The Bend Police Department has an excellent working relationship with their Association. Agreements are negotiated every three years.