The Transportation Planning Team brings a wealth of expertise to the Growth Management Department. Its focus is on transportation corridor planning, multi modal and safety issues.
Through the Transportation Planning Program the City oversees the Transportation Construction Fund. It also identifies Transportation Capital Improvement Project (CIP) priorities. CIPs are coordinated with the Engineering and Infrastructure Projects Department (EIPD). The Transportation Planning Team initiates new transportation projects. These include public outreach and planning before turning a project over to EIPD for design and construction. The team also works closely with the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) on state and regional transportation issues.
TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROJECTS
Transportation projects help implement completed transportation plans.
TRANSPORTATION STUDIES AND PRIORITIES
Transportation studies include completed and newly initiated planning efforts. Most transportation studies inform or direct future transportation construction projects over multiple years.
- Strategic Implementation Plan for Walking and Biking Infrastructure
- Bend Safety Implementation Plan - 2014-2015
- 2012 Multimodal Safety Report
- Bend Parking Studies
- Bend Transportation Data Portal
The Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP) was adopted in 2016 as part of the Bend Comprehensive Plan. The adopted Bend TSP includes the Integrated Land Use and Transportation Plan (ILUTP).
- Bend Transportation System Plan 2016
Completed Transportation Plans & Projects
- Empire Ave Fig 1 - Project Location
- Emprie Ave Final Report - Technical Memo
- Empire Extension - Design Report
- Empire Extension - Cover Pages
- Empire Extension - Fig 1 Project Location
- Empire Extension - Fig 2 - 18th to Purcell
- Empire Extension - Fig 3 - Canal to Butler Mkt Rd
- Empire Extension - Fig 4 - Roundabouts
- Empire Extension - VISSIM Memo
- Empire Extension - Photo Log
- Empire Extension - Design Concepts