Bend Urban Renewal Agency seeks applicants for builder position on advisory board
The Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) Board is looking for interested citizens to fill the builder stakeholder position on the Urban Renewal Advisory Board.
10/15/2018 5:14:39 PM
Weekly Road and Traffic Report For the Week of October 15-21
10/12/2018 2:11:02 PM
14th Street and General Obligation Bond Project Completion
The completion of 14th Street wraps up the 2011 voter-approved $30 million General Obligation Bond projects for street improvements throughout Bend.
10/11/2018 4:00:59 PM
The goal of this plan is to encourage the development of a complete community (a place where people can live, work, shop and play) in the southeast area of Bend.
Through this process, the City will work with property owners, area residents, and other stakeholders to determine:
- Land use planning designations and final zoning
- The location of necessary infrastructure (sewer, water, and transportation)
- The type and general location of parks, schools, open space, and other public amenities
- Funding strategies and implementation measures to ensure successful development of a complete community within the area
The Southeast Area was identified in the 2016 Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) Expansion as the “Elbow Expansion Area”. This area contains approximately 479 acres outside of City limits and within the UGB. It consists of 446 developable acres divided into 31 parcels that are owned by 27 property owners.
Where is the Southeast Expansion Area?
The Southeast “Elbow” area is located at the southeast edge of the current Bend City limits. It is bordered by Knott Road to the south, SE 27th Street to the east, and the current City limits to the north and west. It includes High Desert Park and High Desert Middle School. Use the link below to explore an interactive map of the project area or you may view a larger version of the Southeast Area Plan Location Map which is located in the Documents section of this page.
What is an Area Plan?
An Area Plan is a plan adopted by the City Council for a specific geographic area, including, but not limited to, certain designated UGB expansion areas and opportunity areas as defined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan. An Area Plan implements the applicable goals and policies of the Bend Comprehensive Plan, coordinates development, and provides flexibility to tailor land use regulations, and transportation and infrastructure plans to serve the land uses within the plan area.
Why do we need to do an Area Plan?
The City of Bend is required by state law to establish and maintain an UGB that can accommodate the City’s forecasted population for the next 20 years. The UGB contains the City’s urban land supply – those lands intended for new homes, parks, schools, employment centers, and other needs of a growing city.
In 2016, the City of Bend expanded the Urban Growth Boundary to accommodate the population forecast of 115,063 residents by 2028. Through this process, the City identified 10 “Expansion Areas” totaling 2,380 acres to include inside the UGB. The Southeast Area was one of those identified expansion areas.
Now that the Southeast Area is inside the UGB, the final planning for land use and infrastructure can be completed. This area provides the capacity for the development of 820 housing units and 2,274 jobs, all of which will be necessary to serve forecasted growth.
When will the Southeast Area Plan start and when will it be completed?
Work on the plan will begin in September 2018 and is expected to be completed in December 2019.
SOUTHEAST AREA PLAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The City Council is seeking applicants to fill positions on the Southeast Expansion Area Plan Advisory Committee (SEAPAC). Interested individuals must complete an application to serve on the advisory committee. The SEAPAC will provide a forum for community input on the development of the Southeast Expansion Area Plan, provide feedback to the project team on project progress and the products developed for City Council adoption, and make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council.
The Committee will meet up to seven (7) times over the next 18 months. The City is looking for individuals who can represent the following interests:
- Owners of property within the Southeast Expansion Area a.k.a “the Elbow”
- The Old Farm District Neighborhood Association
- The Southeast Bend Neighborhood Association
- An owner of property outside the UGB, but adjacent to the Southeast Expansion Area
- The Boundary and Growth Scenarios Technical Advisory Committee, who advised the City on the 2016 UGB work
- An economic development perspective, given the amount of land designated for employment in the Southeast Expansion Area
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm on Friday October 12, 2018. Applications will be reviewed, and candidates may be interviewed in late October.
Visit the Bend Citizen Committees page for more information.
MEETING SCHEDULES AND MATERIALS
SEAPAC Meeting #1
|Coming Soon||TBD||Nativity Lutheran Church, 60850 Brosterhous Road, Bend|
|09/18/2018||City Council- Resolution to appoint temporary Southeast Area Plan Advisory Committee||Agenda||
|City Hall- Council Chambers|
|09/05/2018||City Council - Approve Contract Amendment||
|City Hall- Council Chambers|
- Resolution to form SEAPAC- Approved July 19, 2018
- Bend Urban Growth Boundary Implementation: Return on Investment Analysis and Next Steps (Adopted April 26, 2018)
- September 19, 2018 City Council Agenda- SEAPAC Resolution
- Southeast Area Plan Scope of Work
- Southeast Area Plan Location Map
- Southeast Area Plan Map- Comprehensive Plan Designation Key
- City of Bend Comprehensive Plan