Para ver esta información en español, haga aquí.
Creating a common vision and implementation plan for Bend's core areas by combining tools, incentives, and programs such as Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
This project created a common vision and implementation plan for the Core Area of the City. This includes four of the opportunity areas included in the 2016 Urban Growth Boundary expansion (Bend Central District, East Downtown, Inner Highway 20 / Greenwood, and KorPine). Through this project, the City worked with property owners, area residents, and other stakeholders to:
- Develop an urban design framework for the area.
- Identify needed circulation improvements to enhance connectivity within and between areas as well as to the city at large.
- Identify programs and projects for the area, including streetscape improvements, public spaces, gateways, affordable housing, or art and beautification programs.
- Determine location, phasing, and costs for necessary infrastructure (sewer, water, storm water and transportation) to support potential development and redevelopment of the area.
- Develop funding strategies, incentives, and other implementation tools, such as urban renewal, to achieve the vision for the area.
- Identify barriers to development and any needed code amendments or zoning changes.
- Determine the boundary of a potential urban renewal area that would encourage investment within the area through tax increment financing (TIF).
- If recommended by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA), adopt an Urban Renewal/TIF Plan and Area.
Where is the Core Area of Bend?
The City looked at an original study area to conduct an Urban Renewal feasibility analysis and led a community process to identify a recommended boundary for a potential Urban Renewal/TIF District. To find out more about the TIF Plan & Report recommendations and proposed adoption schedule, visit the Core Area TIF webpage.
Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB)
URAB was appointed as a citizen advisory committee to provide recommendations to the Bend Urban Renewal Agency on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the area to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
This project is coordinated with the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP).
- 10/10/2019 4:55 PM
URAB 5 Update
- 08/27/2019 3:41 PM
Affordable Housing & Urban Renewal Brownbag!
Save the date- Wednesday, September 18!!!
- 08/21/2019 2:07 PM
Public Comment Period Open -Bend MPO 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan Update
- 08/20/2019 10:00 AM
What we've heard from the community and what happened at URAB #4!
Find out what happened at the last Urban Renewal Advisory Board meeting in addition to what we have heard from the community through a variety of outreach methods!
- 06/21/2019 4:33 PM
Online Open House available until July 13!
A variety of updates related to the Core Are Project including a link to the online open house, an update on some of the comments we've heard from the community thus far, and details about the next URAB meeting in August.
- 06/13/2019 11:33 AM
Core Area Events start tonight!