Para ver esta información en español, haga aquí.
Creating a common vision and implementation plan for Bend's core areas by combining tools, incentives, and programs such as Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
This project created a common vision and implementation plan for the Core Area of the City. This includes four of the opportunity areas included in the 2016 Urban Growth Boundary expansion (Bend Central District, East Downtown, Inner Highway 20 / Greenwood, and KorPine). Through this project, the City worked with property owners, area residents, and other stakeholders to:
- Develop an urban design framework for the area.
- Identify needed circulation improvements to enhance connectivity within and between areas as well as to the city at large.
- Identify programs and projects for the area, including streetscape improvements, public spaces, gateways, affordable housing, or art and beautification programs.
- Determine location, phasing, and costs for necessary infrastructure (sewer, water, storm water and transportation) to support potential development and redevelopment of the area.
- Develop funding strategies, incentives, and other implementation tools, such as urban renewal, to achieve the vision for the area.
- Identify barriers to development and any needed code amendments or zoning changes.
- Determine the boundary of a potential urban renewal area that would encourage investment within the area through tax increment financing (TIF).
- If recommended by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA), adopt an Urban Renewal/TIF Plan and Area.
Where is the Core Area of Bend?
The City looked at an original study area to conduct an Urban Renewal feasibility analysis and led a community process to identify a recommended boundary for a potential Urban Renewal/TIF District. To find out more about the TIF Plan & Report recommendations and proposed adoption schedule, visit the Core Area TIF webpage.
Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB)
URAB was appointed as a citizen advisory committee to provide recommendations to the Bend Urban Renewal Agency on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the area to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
This project is coordinated with the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP).
- 05/22/2020 11:18 AM
Council approves the Core Area Project Report and Next Steps for TIF
Both City Council and the Bend Urban Renewal Agency approved resolutions supporting next steps for the Core Area.
- 05/15/2020 11:00 AM
City Council and BURA to consider URAB recommendations
On Wednesday, May 20th the City Council and BURA will consider URAB recommendations for the Core Area
- 04/22/2020 7:48 AM
Last URAB Meeting Outcomes
The Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB) met online for the last time on Tuesday, April 14. At the meeting, they recommended a set of final products for BURA/Council consideration.
- 04/10/2020 4:08 PM
URAB 8 Meeting to be conducted remotely!
Members of the public will be able view and listen to the meeting live via the internet and by phone. Public comments must be submitted in written format prior to the meeting.
- 02/28/2020 8:05 AM
Online Core Area Open House
Find out more about the recommendations identified through the Core Area Project.
- 02/07/2020 12:00 PM
Core Area Open House
The open house will take place on Thursday, February 20th. Find out more information below.