City Hall, City of Bend
- (541) 388-5505
Transportation Safety Action Plans
Topics of these plan include:
Crash Trends - Priority Locations - Action Items - Countermeasures
Develop a comprehensive safety program that systematically identifies and prioritizes safety projects and establishes a proactive approach to reducing crashes. This initial plan will create a baseline from which to measure progress in reducing crash frequency and severity.
Long Term Vision
Short Term Goals:
Apply engineering, education, enforcement, emergency response, and evaluation (a broad base of strategies)
Establish a proactive approach to reducing crashes on all roadways
Incorporate safety performance standards into the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) prioritization process and the development review process
Study Area and Crash Data
Bend Safety Action Plan will focus on the area within the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB). This project will work in coordination with the Deschutes County TSAP throughout the project. Both projects will share the same crash data set and analysis methods for resource efficiencies.
You can access mapped crash data for the study period of 2012-2016 from Oregon Department of Transportation Crash Analysis on the city's interactive mapping tool. The data is under the Transportation layer. You can view crash data for the entire Deschutes County. Please contact Jovi Anderson if you have any questions with the process or the data.
- 2018.12.5 Bend Area TSAP Study Area Figure
- 2018.12.5 DRAFT Bend Area TSAP Framework Memo
- 2018.12.5 Bend Area TSAP -BMPO TAC Meeting Presentation
- 2019.1.23 Bend Area TSAP CTAC Brownbag Presentation
- 2019.03.06 Bend Area TSAP Draft Existing Conditions Memo
- 2019.03.06_Memo_TSAP Policies Task3
- 2019.03.06_Memo_TSAP Performance Measure Task2
- Report__Bend TSAP Existing Conditions Memo FINAL
- Bend_DRAFT TSAP_070419_for MPO TAC Review
- 2019.07.10 BMPO TAC TSAP Mtg Agenda