The City's largest and only publicly owned industrial site. (map)
Interested in an industrial site at Juniper Ridge, contact Compass Commercial at (541) 383-2444.
Applicants Sought for Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board
The City of Bend is recruiting seven community members for the Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board. Successful applicants will be appointed by the Bend City Council for this temporary committee for a term of two years. The term may be extended by the City Council depending upon completion of the JRMAB work plan.
The JRMAB work plan will include:
Reviewing existing Juniper Ridge documents including the Employment Sub-District use table, CC&Rs, design guidelines, intergovernmental agreements, and recommending amendments and changes, as needed, after appropriate legal and planning review and other consent requirements.
Creating an in-depth plan to implement the Juniper Ridge vision and framework plan. This will include a subdivision plan timed to coincide with the construction timeline for the North Interceptor Sewer Line.
Applicants with expertise in the areas of real estate, finance, industrial land development, economic development, business and related fields are encouraged to apply.
Up to two of the seven appointed members may reside outside of Bend City limits. At least one appointee must reside within the Boyd Acres Neighborhood Association.
Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1. To apply for the Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board: www.bendoregon.gov/committees
Planning for the Future of Juniper Ridge
Located in northeast Bend, the 500-acre industrial and business park sits at the center of Central Oregon.
In the Fall of 2017 the Bend City Council asked the City’s Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB) to convene a group of stakeholders tasked with determining a path forward at Juniper Ridge that improves opportunities for development at the city owned industrial site.
After meeting over a number of months the working group released their recommendations on July 3, 2018. The group’s key recommendations were:
- The Bend City Council should seek to divest itself from direct oversight of Juniper Ridge and assign management to a Council-appointed temporary Governing Board.
- Over the next 12 to 24 months, this Governing Board should be tasked with developing a high-level framework plan to guide future development of Juniper Ridge. The board should also review existing Juniper Ridge governance documents to determine which need updating or revision.
- The Bend City Council should allocate dedicated city staffing support for the Governing Board and for implementation of its initiatives.
The Bend City Council discussed the Juniper Ridge Working Group recommendations at their work session on September 19th, 2018 and directed staff to move forward on the initial steps to create a Juniper Ridge Governing Board and developing a scope for a dedicated employee.
The governing board, renamed as the Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board, was formed by resolution at the final City Council of 2018.
You can access the full memo and associated materials, here:
- Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board Resolution (December 18, 2018)
- Juniper Ridge Memo Packet (July 3, 2018)
- "Juniper Ridge 101" Slide Deck (November, 2017)
Juniper Ridge is governed by a number of documents and agreements, they’re available for download here: