Navigating the Bend Municipal Airport.
The Bend Municipal Airport is located 8 miles from downtown Bend Oregon. The Airport has been in existence since the late 1930's and is currently the third busiest General Aviation Airport in Oregon. Bend is world famous for both its outdoor pursuits and pristine beauty.
- Latitude/Longitude: N44°05.67' W121°12.01'
- Field Elevation: 3,456'MSL
- 16/34: 5,200' x 75' Asphalt, Pilot Controlled MIRL.
- Calm Wind Runway: Runway 16.
- Runway Bearing Strength Report
- CTAF/Unicom: 123.0
- Clearance Delivery: (253) 351-3694
TRAFFIC PATTERN ALTITUDES / NOISE ABATEMENT
- Fixed-Wing: 1,000' AGL (4,456 MSL); Left Hand Traffic Runway 34; Right Hand Traffic Runway 16.
- Helicopters: 500' AGL (3,956 MSL); Close-In Right Hand Traffic for Runway 34; Close-In Left Hand Traffic for Runway 16.
The following guide identifies procedures and routes for fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters to minimize impacts to airport neighbors at the Bend Municipal Airport:
- BDN AWOS 134.425 (or telephone: (541) 382-1477)
- Aviation Weather Center - Weather Information for Pilots
- National Weather Service - Current Weather Forecast for Bend
- WeatherUnderground Webcam - Webcam based at Airport
FIXED BASED OPERATOR
- Fuel Available:
- 100 LL
- Jet A
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Avionics Repair
- Unicom Radio
- Pilot ground transportation (Rental and Courtesy Cars)
- Flight Instruction
- Flight Simulators
- Pilot Lounge
- Vending Machines
- Pilot Rest Area
- Conference Room
- Auxiliary Power Units for Aircraft
- De-Icing equipment
- Catering Arrangements
- Parking for transient aircraft
- Hi speed internet
Contact: (541) 388-0019
The FAA, in its role as the aviation arm of the US Department of Transportation, provides guidance and funding for the Bend Municipal Airport. As part of that process the City of Bend has adopted the following: Regulation, Policies and Guidelines
- FAA Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Oregon Dept of Aviation
- Oregon Pilot's Association
- Central Oregon Pilots Association
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- EAA Central Oregon Chapter 1345
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- FAA, NW Mountain Region
- FAA Safety Program
- High Desert Soaring