Provide input for the Consolidated Plan for 2020-2025.
Consolidated Plan for 2020 -2025 process
The City of Bend is beginning the process to develop a Consolidated Plan for 2020 – 2025, pursuant to the United States’ Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and regulations under the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (HCA). This plan establishes goals and funding parameters for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program within a 5 year timeframe.
The general Consolidated Plan timeline is detailed below:
- October 2018: City begins process for Consolidated Plan for 2020-2025.
- October 2018 – November 30, 2018: A Public Survey for the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan will be live to solicit feedback to determine community need and interest. Spanish version of Public Survey for the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan is now available.
- January & February, 2019: Evening community forums will be held to gather information.
- March & April, 2019: Affordable Housing Advisory Committee will review feedback and provide recommendations for the process at their regularly scheduled meetings.
- May 2019: Final draft will be presented to Council at a public hearing.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Process
In addition to developing the Consolidated Plan, the City will commence the process to allocate resources via its Affordable Housing Request For Proposal process for Affordable Housing Fee funding and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
The general RFP timeline is detailed below:
- New this year: Informational meetings will be held and are mandatory for non-profits applying for CDBG funding.
- November 2018: RFPs will be issued. Information will be emailed to interested parties as well as available via the Affordable Housing developer resources webpage.
- January 2019: Proposals due to the City.
- End of January, February & March, 2019: Affordable Housing Advisory Committee will listen to presentations, and deliberate the allocations of available funding.
- March – May, 2019: Funding recommendations will be made to City Council.
If you have questions about the Consolidation plan process, the Public Survey for the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan, allocation informational meetings, or the allocation process, please contact Racheal Baker, Affordable Housing Coordinator at (541) 312-4915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.