The Bend Beautification Program is an opportunity for volunteers to improve the esthetics of Bend Oregon by adopting a stretch of road or a plot of land and improving its appearance through litter pickup, weeding and sometimes, planting new vegetation.
This program allows service clubs, private individuals, church groups, Neighborhood Associations and other groups an opportunity to help remove roadside litter and noxious weeds and provide landscape maintenance.
Public Works staff identifies sections of roadways that can be designated as safe and eligible for volunteer maintenance and develop a safety program to instruct groups on proper roadside safety procedures including signage, protective safety vest use, and procedures for the safe handling of potentially hazardous materials. The City of Bend will provide all safety signs, safety vests, trash bags and haul the debris to the landfill.
Find out about how to participate in this successful and rewarding volunteer litter and weed control program in your community. To volunteer please email email@example.com
To sign up
Complete an application form and send it to us using the contact information at the bottom of this page. Feel free to call (541) 317-3000 first to discuss road availability. Once your adoption request is approved, you will receive an in-person safety orientation and sign a program agreement.
To organize your cleanup
- Select a preferred date.
- Call the volunteer coordinator at least two weeks in advance to check availability of your preferred date and reserve your safety kit(s).
- Each safety kit includes materials for up to ten people.
- Pick up your safety kit(s) from the City of Bend Public Works Department.
- Review the Safety Rules with your volunteers at or prior to the clean-up event.
- Have all volunteers sign the Informed Consent/Release form. Volunteers under age 18 must also have a Minor Participation Permission form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Return the safety kit(s) in clean and good condition within two business days of your cleanup so that others may use them.
- Mail or fax a Completion form and the signed Consent/Release form to the Bend Beautification volunteer coordinator.
- Application Form pdf 55KB
- Bend Beautification Program Agreement pdf 68KB
- Safety Rules pdf 29KB
- Volunteer Informed Consent Release Form pdf 64KB
- Minor Participation Permission Form pdf 64KB
- Completion Form pdf 61KB
- American Red Cross First Aid Training http://www.mountainriver.redcross.org/
- Deschutes County Noxious Weed Booklet
- ODOT Adopt A Highway
- Deschutes County Adopt-A-Road
City of Bend, Bend Beautification Program
Attn: Cheryl Howard
710 NW Wall Street, Bend OR 97701
Telephone: 541. 388.5579 / Facsimile: 541.385.6676 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org