Each year, it’s appropriate to send a letter to every neighborhood association member’s home to help increase attendance at the annual meeting.
Letters can be appropriate for other uses such as encouraging members to become engaged in a major community issue.
- Request a copy of the names and addresses of property owners in your neighborhood from the City of Bend
- You can send bulk mail for a discounted rate but you must send several thousand letters to qualify
- In addition to neighborhood residents, be sure to include local organizations, churches, schools, businesses, city officials and the media on your list.
- It is essential to update the mailing list periodically to ensure that all the information is current.
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Maximize the postage and include plenty of information whenever sending a letter to your mailing list. This could be a calendar or flyer advertising upcoming events, the latest newsletter, or an appeal for volunteers.