Each year, it’s appropriate to send a letter to every neighborhood association member’s home to help increase attendance at the annual meeting.
Letters can be appropriate for other uses such as encouraging members to become engaged in a major community issue.
- Request a copy of the names and addresses of property owners in your neighborhood from the City of Bend
- You can send bulk mail for a discounted rate but you must send several thousand letters to qualify
- In addition to neighborhood residents, be sure to include local organizations, churches, schools, businesses, city officials and the media on your list.
- It is essential to update the mailing list periodically to ensure that all the information is current.
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Maximize the postage and include plenty of information whenever sending a letter to your mailing list. This could be a calendar or flyer advertising upcoming events, the latest newsletter, or an appeal for volunteers.
Learn how to use the Bend Oregon Online Mapping (BOOM) application to generating mailing lists by neighborhood association boundary or look up active development applications within a neighborhood.
HOW TO GENERATE A MAILING LIST OR
LOOK UP ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS