Your neighborhood association may find it helpful to create a brochure, pamphlet, flyer or poster to serve as a communications tool throughout the community.
Brochures, pamphlets, flyers and posters are easy to make and can be visually grabbing. They can be created using a standard word processing system, or it may be possible to find a graphic design volunteer living in your neighborhood. These can be printed on simple copy paper, or by a professional local printer on sturdier paper and widely distributed.
- For many activities, a simple flier or poster announcing the activity, location, date and time is sufficient.
- Fliers and posters are often used in conjunction with other forms of publicity.
- Fliers can be created in simple word processing systems.
- Create a list of locations in your neighborhood with good bulletin boards for posting fliers or posters
- You can divide up this larger list into smaller chunks that so volunteers can post a manageable number
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Time, date, place of the event
- Contact information for organizers including your website and phone number
- A brief synopsis of the event
- Visually appealing art