This project will increase the lifespan, capacity, performance, and safety of the Water Reclamation Facility's solids dewatering process.
The City of Bend Water Reclamation Facility's solids handling dewatering process has maintenance, redundancy, and operational challenges.* The system is nearing capacity, and there is heavy corrosion in the building and on the equipment, resulting in deterioration of assets.
The objective of the Solids Handling Improvement Project is to upgrade the solids dewatering process to ensure the following:
Increase in dewatering performance while continuing to produce Class A biosolids
Increase asset lifespan
Provide a safe work environment for staff
This project is funded by the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF).
* The dewatering process removes water from the solids before they are land applied.
ESTIMATED PROJECT TIMELINE
- Pre-design development: June 2018 - November 2018
- Construction: Anticipated Summer 2019 – Winter 2019
- Brittany Park, Project Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-323-8593
- Oliver Murray, Project Engineer
email@example.com or 541-693-2183