Online Community Survey Available
The City wants to gather feedback about the City and City services, and is asking Bend residents to take 10 minutes to participate in an online community survey. Go to: bendcommunitysurvey.com
12/10/2018 9:43:19 AM
Affordable Housing Public Meeting
Bend residents are invited to attend a public meeting at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, in Council Chambers at City Hall, 710 NW Wall Street, to provide input on what affordable housing solutions could ease “rent burden” in Bend.
12/6/2018 10:40:49 AM
Council anticipates vacancy, announces process
The Bend City Council plans to declare a vacancy on the Council on Jan, 2, 2019, when Sally Russell becomes Mayor. Russell will vacate the remaining two years of Council Position 3, with a term expiration of December 2020.
12/5/2018 11:41:42 PM
Citywide Transportation Advisory Committee Meeting #8
12/11/2018 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
12/12/2018 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Public hearing for PZ-18-0791 Type III Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment & Zoning Map Amendment
12/13/2018 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Bend's Transportation Plan's Steering Committee will make decisions regarding the direction of the project, project recommendations, and related matters.
The roles of the Transportation System Plan Steering Committee (SC) are to:
- Direct Transportation Policy and TSP/MTP Updates – The SC will set policy direction and determine recommended updates to the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP) and Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP), for consideration and adoption by the Bend City Council and MPO Board, respectively.
- Promote Intergovernmental Coordination – The SC will serve as a forum for coordination between officials from the City of Bend, Deschutes County, the Bend MPO and Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Consider Community Input – The SC will receive, consider, and give weight to recommendations from the City-wide Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) and other community members during the process. The SC may request additional work by the CTAC, accept their recommendations, or revise their recommendations.
- Guide the Planning Process - The SC will use the approved project scope and schedule to guide the process. If additional work needs to be done or if additional meetings will be needed to resolve difficult issues, staff will evaluate the feasibility of the request and advise the SC. Additional meetings may require adjustments to the project schedule and may impact the budget. The SC Chair or designee may work with the project team between SC meetings to provide direction regarding the schedule and work products as necessary.
The Steering Committee will review project recommendations at the following milestones:
- Vision, goals and policies
- City-wide transportation framework
- Transportation system and performance measures
- Transportation project list and performance measures
- Updated TSP and MTP
Roles and milestones will be finalized at the first Steering Committee meeting on March 13, 2018
The SC consists of all seven Bend City Councilors, a Deschutes County Commissioner, a Bend Planning Commission member, and the Region 4 manager of the Oregon Department of Transportation. The members are:
- Casey Roats, Bend Mayor
- Sally Russell, Bend Mayor Pro Tem
- Bruce Abernethy, Bend City Council
- Nathan Boddie, Bend City Council
- Barbara Campbell, Bend City Council
- Justin Livingston, Bend City Council
- Bill Moseley, Bend City Council
- Lindsay Hopper, Bend Planning Commission
- Tony DeBone, Deschutes County Commission
- Gary Farnsworth, Oregon Department of Transportation Area Manager
HOW CAN I BE INVOLVED?
The primary way for the public to be involved with the TSP is through the Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC). Interested members of the public encouraged to attend CTAC's meetings and provide comments.
Steering Committee meetings will also be open to the public and there will be a time for public comments.
Where: Next Meeting - Bend Municipal Court, 555 NE 15th St, Bend, OR
When: Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
All meetings are open to the public, with an opportunity for public comment.