Butler Market Road Closures Start April 13
As part of the Empire Corridor Improvements Project, additional segments of NE Butler Market Road will be closed starting April 13. The scheduled closures on Butler Market are at 27th Street, Deschutes Market Road, Cole Road and Eagle Road. These closures will extend for five months.
4/6/2020 10:00:32 AM
Bend Discourages Tourist Travel and Related Activities
City advisory supports Governor Brown’s “Stay Home, Save Lives” orders to minimize non-essential travel to reduce exposure to and spread of COVID-19, novel coronavirus.
3/27/2020 8:24:03 AM
Core Services, Public Works and construction operations continue
City staff has mostly transitioned to working remotely. We are still providing public safety, clean drinking water, safe sewage treatment, building inspections, street maintenance, access to economic resources and more.
3/26/2020 12:14:45 PM
CANCELED: Planning Commission
04/13/2020 5:30 PM
Urban Renewal Advisory Board Meeting (URAB) #8
04/14/2020 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
CANCELED: Neighborhood Leadership Alliance Meeting
04/14/2020 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Bend's Transportation Plan's Steering Committee will make decisions regarding the direction of the project, project recommendations, and related matters.
The roles of the Transportation System Plan Steering Committee (SC) are to:
- Direct Transportation Policy and TSP/MTP Updates – The SC will set policy direction and determine recommended updates to the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP) and Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). The updates will be considered for adoption by the Bend City Council and MPO Board, respectively.
- Promote Intergovernmental Coordination – The SC will serve as a forum for coordination between officials from the City of Bend, Deschutes County, the Bend MPO and Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Consider Community Input – The SC will receive, consider, and give weight to recommendations from the Citywide Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) and other community members during the process. The SC may request additional work by the CTAC, accept their recommendations, or revise their recommendations.
- Guide the Planning Process - The SC will use the approved project scope and schedule to guide the process. If additional work needs to be done or if additional meetings will be needed to resolve difficult issues, staff will evaluate the feasibility of the request and advise the SC. Additional meetings may require adjustments to the project schedule and may impact the budget. The SC Chair or designee may work with the project team between SC meetings to provide direction regarding the schedule and work products as necessary.
The Steering Committee will review project recommendations at the following milestones:
- Vision, goals and policies
- Citywide transportation framework
- Transportation system and performance measures
- Transportation project list and performance measures
- Updated TSP and MTP
Roles and milestones were finalized at the first Steering Committee meeting on March 13, 2018
The SC consists of all seven Bend City Councilors, a Deschutes County Commissioner, a Bend Planning Commission member, and the Region 4 manager of the Oregon Department of Transportation. The members are:
- Sally Russell, Bend Mayor
- Bruce Abernethy, Bend Mayor Pro Tem
- Barbara Campbell, Bend City Council
- Gena Goodman-Campbell, Bend City Council
- Justin Livingston, Bend City Council
- Bill Moseley, Bend City Council
- Chris Piper, Bend City Council
- Lindsey Hopper, Bend Planning Commission
- Tony DeBone, Deschutes County Commission
- Gary Farnsworth, Oregon Department of Transportation Area Manager
HOW CAN I BE INVOLVED?
The primary way for the public to be involved with the TSP is through the Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC). Interested members of the public encouraged to attend CTAC's meetings and provide comments.
Steering Committee meetings will also be open to the public and there will be a time for public comments.
NEXT MEETING LOCATION/DATE/TIME
Where: City Council Chambers, 710 NW Wall Street, Bend
When: UPDATED - June 20, 2019
Time: 1 pm - 4 pm
All meetings are open to the public, with an opportunity for public comment.
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING MATERIALS
- Steering Committee 6 Presentation - January 22, 2020
- Steering Committee 6 Meeting Packet - January 22, 2020
- Steering Committee Meeting #5 Presentation - June 20, 2019
- TSP Steering Committee Meeting #5 Packet - June 20, 2019
- January 30, 2019 Steering Committee Meeting 4 Presentation
- January 30, 2019 Steering Committee Meeting 4 Packet
- January 30, 2019 Steering Committee Citywide Transportation Framework Background Materials
- January 30, 2019 Steering Committee Initial Funding Assessment Background Materials
- Results of Sept 11 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Sept 11 2018 Steering Committee Presentation
- Sept 11 2018_Steering Committee Meeting 3 Packet
- May 3 2018 Steering Committee Presentation
- 2017TSPMTP_Steering Committee Meeting 2 Packet
- 17TSPMTP_Committees_Steering Committee 1 Packet_20180308