Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the Week of July 6-12
7/2/2020 5:25:34 PM
City of Bend selects Michael Krantz as next Police Chief
Krantz is a 27-year veteran of the Portland Police Bureau. He built the bureau’s Office of Community Engagement and managed the development of the bureau’s Racial Equity Plan.
7/2/2020 12:19:32 PM
Temporary full closure of segment of 15th Street
A full closure of 15th Street, between Reed Market Road and Ferguson Road, will begin July 9 and last through late July.
7/1/2020 11:49:13 AM
Bend Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB) Meeting
07/06/2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting
07/08/2020 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
07/13/2020 5:30 PM
The City of Bend is committed to strategic energy management in our own facilities and operations.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The City will develop a Strategic Energy Management Plan by Fall 2019 and begin implementing new projects that reduce energy use and generate renewable energy for City facilities and operations. The Strategic Energy Management Plan will describe how we plan to meet the goals established in Resolution 3044.
2014 City of Bend Greenhouse Gas Emissions*
*Total emissions: 21,155 tons eCO2
To date, the City has reduced 11.5% of electricity use at City Facilities.
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects
- In 2011, the city installed a 33 kilowatt solar array on top of the Bend Centennial Parking Plaza downtown. Visit the Bend Centennial Parking Solar Array Monitoring Dashboard to see how it's performing.
- The City is installing 360 solar panels at the Water Filtration Facility. The solar installation will help the City reduce its carbon emissions by nearly 180,000 pounds per year over 20 years. Read the WFF Solar Installation Project FAQ to learn more.
- Starting July 2019, the City is converting over 2,000 existing public street lights to 3,000 Kelvin energy efficient, light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures to reduce the City’s energy costs, maintenance costs and carbon emissions. Read the LED Street Light Conversion Fact Sheet for more information.
- Have questions? Read the LED Street Light Conversion FAQ.
- Email LEDstreetlights@bendoregon.gov if a replaced LED street light is not working or there is another issue with the LED conversion project.
- You can also track our progress on the street light conversions with this interactive project map.
The City is conducting a community engagement process for climate action planning.