Website Improvement Survey
Community input will help the City provide information better
1/22/2020 2:32:56 PM
Neighborhood Leadership Alliance Recommends Top Neighborhood Street Safety Projects for Funding
“The demand for the Neighborhood Street Safety Program has really shown us that Bend wants safety improvements to their neighborhood streets,” said Makayla Oliver, Community Relations Manager for the City of Bend.
1/17/2020 1:54:03 PM
Bend City Council Takes Another Step Toward May Transportation Bond Measure
On Wednesday, Bend City Council voted unanimously to prepare a funding measure that addresses Bend residents’ top concern: traffic congestion and safety.
1/9/2020 7:40:45 AM
Bend MPO Policy Board - Rescheduled January Meeting
01/29/2020 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board (JRMAB) Meeting
01/30/2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Bend Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB) Meeting
02/03/2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The Community Climate Action Plan (CCAP) is a set of strategies that will guide both the City and the community as we work together to reduce our fossil fuel use.
Read the adopted Community Climate Action Plan or the Executive Summary.
The City Council voted to approve the Bend Community Climate Action Plan on December 4, 2019. The City will appoint a new climate action/environmental advisory board in the first part of 2020 to advise on implementation details of the CCAP.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
STEERING COMMITTEE (CASC)
A plan to reduce fossil fuel use in Bend
The CCAP is a set of strategies that will guide both the City and the community as we work together to achieve fossil fuel reduction goals established by City Council Resolution 3044. The City formed the Climate Action Steering Committee to engage the community and recommend actions to City Council. The actions will encourage and incentivize businesses and residents, through voluntary efforts, to reduce GHG emissions and fossil fuel use.
Climate Action Vision: Neighbors businesses, and community leaders working together to preserve our natural environment while promoting economic opportunity and resilience for current and future generations.
Forming strategies to encourage voluntary action
The CCAP provides a strategic plan that encourages the Bend community to take voluntary actions to meet the following goals:
- Develop and implement a Community Climate Action Plan that serves as a roadmap in supporting our community's path to a sustainable future.
- Harness the resources and talents within Bend's community to take practical action across a wide range of sectors and activities.
- Achieve a 40% decrease in fossil fuel use by 2030 and a 70% decrease by 2050 (from a baseline year of 2016).
Additionally, the CCAP will:
- Seek co-benefits of reducing fossil fuel use, such as cost-saving, efficiency, public health, social equity, and other environmental enhancement opportunities.
- Establish ways of measuring effectiveness and tracking progress on actions through benchmarks and project specific targets.
- Identify implementation partners throughout the community responsible for collaborating on community-wide solutions.
- Identify low-cost projects that are possible to implement in the near term, as well as investigating longer term projects.
- Support the goals of other planning efforts, such as the City's Transportation System Plan and Deschutes County's Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Provide a pathway for the City and community to evolve in a manner that balances social, environmental, and financial costs and benefits.
Achieving our goals together
The City of Bend convened a Climate Action Steering Committee (CASC) to engage the community and guide CCAP development because the City recognizes that we alone cannot achieve community-wide fossil fuel use reduction goals. The City must work with the community to share responsibility for reducing overall fossil fuel use, and community members must be willing to act. The CCAP planning process allows for the community to directly engage and partner with the City to achieve our climate action goals and create an action plan that is right for Bend.
The CASC is made up of 13 individuals appointed by City Council who represent Bend's diverse community, including the business community, the environmental community, youth community, other local government and institutions, and at-large members.
This webpage will be updated regularly with the progress of the C-CAP. Sign up to receive email updates for project news and events. You must sign up for updates about events and updates about news separately.
To learn more about what the CCAP:
- Read the CCAP Vision and Guiding Principles
- Read the CCAP Sector Objectives
- Read the 2016 greenhouse gas emissions inventory report
SIGN UP FOR PROJECT UPDATES
- Updated_Bend Community Climate Action Plan_Low Res
- Bend Community Climate Action Plan_Executive Summary_2019
- CCAP Survey Results Summary
- Energy Supply Proposed Actions
- Building Energy Proposed Actions
- Transportation Proposed Actions
- Waste & Materials Proposed Actions
- CCAP Vision
- CCAP Sector Objectives
- Bend Community GHG Inventory Report
- Bend Community GHG Inventory Presentation
- CASC Charge Letter_Final
- Council Objective Strategies - Energy Efficiency
- Resolution No. 3044
- Resolution No. 3099
- Resolution No. 3099 Amendment