The redesigned parking lot addressed deficiencies and provides for more efficient parking use and business services. The new design deters other uses not intended for this area.
This project has addressed a number of deficiencies, both functional and condition related. Additionally, safety concerns regarding unintended uses and criminal activity have been mitigated.
COMPLETED PROJECT GOALS
- Increase safety and access to trash enclosures
- Improve ADA accessibility and overall pedestrian access to Mirror Pond Plaza
- Improve circulation
- Provide oversize-vehicle parking
- Increase garbage collection efficiency
- Preserve the large ponderosa tree on site
- Improve entrance and exit to eliminate “wrong-way” access
- Increase the size of drive aisles and parking stalls
- Install required landscaping and necessary irrigation
- Improve lighting and visibility