Empire Corridor Improvements is a priority project that greatly improves safety, multi-modal transportation options, access, and connectivity for the neighborhood and the traveling public.
The project has divided the corridor into differing location and character. View the proposed typical sections for each stage:
Phase 1 of this project began construction on September 4, 2018, and is expected to be complete by June of 2019:
1. Empire/Purcell Roundabout
2. Empire Avenue Modernization (18th to Purcell) - Completed
3. Purcell Boulevard Modernization (Rock Park Drive to Canal right-of-way)
1. Purcell Boulevard Modernization (Canal right-of-way to Butler Market Road)
2. Empire Avenue Extension (Purcell Boulevard to 27th Street)
3. Purcell Boulevard/Butler Market Road Signal Modernization
4. Empire Avenue/27th Street/Butler Market Road Roundabout
12/10/2018 12:16 PM
Come and walk the new section of Empire Avenue prior to its anticipated opening to all traffic on Monday, December 3rd. Project team members will be available to answer questions about what is coming next on the Empire Corridor Improvements construction.
11/19/2018 10:46 AM
10/01/2018 8:49 AM
SIGN UP FOR PROJECT UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS
The Empire Corridor Improvements projects have long been a priority transportation system improvement for the City of Bend but have not been completed yet due to previous funding limitations.
Empire Avenue itself is classified as a Major Arterial roadway in the City’s Transportation System Plan (TSP) and is planned to serve as the major east-west arterial roadway on the north end of Bend. Currently, Empire Avenue ends at Purcell Boulevard and does not extend to 27th Street.
The Empire Corridor Improvements Project include the following:
- Empire / Purcell Roundabout
- Empire Ave. Modernization (18th to Purcell)
- Purcell Blvd. Modernization (Empire to Butler Mkt.)
- Empire Ave. Extension (Purcell to Butler Mkt/27th)
- Purcell Blvd. / Butler Mkt. Signal and Intersection Modernization
- Empire Ave. / 27th / Butler Mkt. Roundabout