Empire Corridor Improvements is a priority project that greatly improves safety, multi-modal transportation options, access, and connectivity for the neighborhood and the traveling public.
CLOSURE - BEGINING SEPTEMBER 11
The project has divided the corridor into differing location and character. View the proposed typical sections for each stage:
- Construction - Sept. 4th
- Closure - Sept 10th
SIGN UP FOR PROJECT UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS
The Empire Corridor Improvements projects have long been a priority transportation system improvement for the City of Bend but have not been completed yet due to previous funding limitations.
Empire Avenue itself is classified as a Major Arterial roadway in the City’s Transportation System Plan (TSP) and is planned to serve as the major east-west arterial roadway on the north end of Bend. Currently, Empire Avenue ends at Purcell Boulevard and does not extend to 27th Street.
The Empire Corridor Improvements Project include the following:
- Empire / Purcell Roundabout
- Empire Ave. Modernization (18th to Purcell)
- Purcell Blvd. Modernization (Empire to Butler Mkt.)
- Empire Ave. Extension (Purcell to Butler Mkt/27th)
- Purcell Blvd. / Butler Mkt. Signal and Intersection Modernization
- Empire Ave. / 27th / Butler Mkt. Roundabout