Affordable Housing Advisory Committee - Policy Worksession
06/25/2019 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Climate Action Steering Committee Meeting
06/26/2019 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board Meeting
06/27/2019 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Empire Corridor Improvements is a priority project that greatly improves safety, multi-modal transportation options, access, and connectivity for the neighborhood and traveling public.
The project has divided the corridor into differing location and character. View the proposed typical sections for each stage:
Phase 1 of this project began construction on September 4, 2018, and is expected to be complete by late summer:
- Empire/Purcell Roundabout
- Empire Avenue Modernization (18th to Purcell) - Completed
- Purcell Boulevard Modernization (Rock Park Drive to Canal right-of-way)
- Purcell Boulevard Modernization (Canal right-of-way to Butler Market Road)
- Empire Avenue Extension (Purcell Boulevard to 27th Street)
- Purcell Boulevard/Butler Market Road Signal Modernization
- Empire Avenue/27th Street/Butler Market Road Roundabout
Purcell Boulevard has been closed between Spinnaker and Empire. Drivers are encouraged to utilize the detour routes. This closure will continue through mid-August.
On June 17th the closure of the Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard intersection will begin and continue until mid-August. This closure will begin an additional detour. Drivers are encouraged to utilize the detour routes.
Construction activities will include stormwater facility construction, concrete flatwork, asphalt paving, illumination, signing, striping, and landscaping to complete the new roundabout at Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard.
For more information, check this page or call the construction hotline: (541) 200-6979
05/31/2019 2:20 AM
12/10/2018 12:16 PM
Come and walk the new section of Empire Avenue prior to its anticipated opening to all traffic on Monday, December 3rd. Project team members will be available to answer questions about what is coming next on the Empire Corridor Improvements construction.
11/19/2018 10:46 AM
10/01/2018 8:49 AM
8/10/18 - We invite you to attend the City’s upcoming Open House to learn more about the project and what will happen during construction. Monday, August 20th
08/10/2018 6:14 PM
SIGN UP FOR PROJECT UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS
The Empire Corridor Improvements projects have long been a priority transportation system improvement for the City of Bend but have not been completed yet due to previous funding limitations.
Empire Avenue itself is classified as a Major Arterial roadway in the City’s Transportation System Plan (TSP) and is planned to serve as the major east-west arterial roadway on the north end of Bend. Currently, Empire Avenue ends at Purcell Boulevard and does not extend to 27th Street.
The Empire Corridor Improvements Project include the following:
- Empire / Purcell Roundabout
- Empire Ave. Modernization (18th to Purcell)
- Purcell Blvd. Modernization (Empire to Butler Mkt.)
- Empire Ave. Extension (Purcell to Butler Mkt/27th)
- Purcell Blvd. / Butler Mkt. Signal and Intersection Modernization
- Empire Ave. / 27th / Butler Mkt. Roundabout