PHASE 1 - COMPLETE
The first phase of the project studied the Murphy Road Corridor between 3rd Street and 15th Street. The outcomes of the study are documented in the Murphy Road Corridor Refinement Plan (below). The Murphy Road Corridor Study was developed in coordination with the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), which is leading the South Parkway Interchange Area Management Plan.
A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) was established during this phase to provide guidance to the technical team at key project milestones. The TAC was comprised of staff from the City of Bend's Public Works Department (both Engineering and Transportation divisions), the City of Bend's Planning Department, the Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), and other stakeholders. TAC meeting agendas and summaries are part of Appendix A of the Refinement Plan.
The first phase of the project began in August 2006 and was completed in June 2008 with the final Refinement Plan. The project team identified a need for additional information during the initial evaluation of potential corridor alternatives in April 2007. The project limits were surveyed during the summer of 2007. A new aerial photo was also obtained to allow the project to move forward with a recommended corridor alignment.
The City initiated a land use refinement plan in 2005 that concluded with a Transportation Growth Management (TGM) quick response project. In 2006 the City adopted the Murphy Crossing Refinement Plan in the land use code.
PHASE 2 - COMPLETE
Phase 2 began the preliminary design for several segments of the Murphy Corridor. All of the documents produced for this phase of the project are listed below:
Phase 2 Preliminary Roll Maps
Volume I: Murphy Road Corridor Refinement Plan (4.24MB, PDF) - This is the main section of the Refinement Plan
Volume II: Appendixes (8.3MB, PDF) - The document that supports Volume I
- Appendix Cover and Index (237KB, PDF)
- Appendix A (4.70MB, PDF) - Public Involvement Documentation
- Appendix B (3.36KB, PDF) - Plan and Policy Review
- Appendix C (136KB, PDF) - Traffic Methodology
- Appendix D (1.38MB, PDF) - Existing Conditions
- Appendix E (1.13MB, PDF) - Future Conditions and Deficiencies
- Appendix F (966KB, PDF) - Sensitivity Analysis Test
- Appendix G (132KB, PDF) - Preliminary Cost Estimates and Financial Plan
- Appendix H (563KB, PDF) - Alternative Devlopment Evaluation and Evaluation Framework
- Appendix I (1.07MB, PDF) - City Council Action
PHASE 3 - COMPLETE
Phase 3 includes design, environmental documentation, and construction of the following:
- Murphy Road from Parrell Road to Brookswood Boulevard, including the Murphy Road overcrossing of US 97
- Ramp connections to and from US 97, Murphy Road, and 3rd Street
Project Funding Information - redirect to ODOT website
Link to more Phase 3 Materials