The Colorado Lift Station (a lift station is a large pump station) project upgraded and replaced the undersized and deficient Shevlin Station in McKay Park. The improved station has relieved critical sewer capacity issues on Bend’s westside. The lift station is sized to provide capacity for businesses and residents inside the current UGB.
Project benefits includes:
- Added environmental protections
- Improved odor control
- Designed to complement the residential neighborhood setting
- More efficient operating equipment
- Improved sewer collection system reliability
- Design and construction for the station and pipes is closely coordinated with Bend Park and Recreation District’s McKay Park improvements.
Colorado Lift Station
The Colorado station is located at the current site of the Shevlin Station at the northwest corner of McKay Park.
The two pressure lines are buried below ground under existing roadways. The lines cross the Deschutes River on the Colorado Bridge. The alignment runs under Colorado Avenue then Arizona Avenue to Scott Street, where the lines connect with an existing line.
Gravity Sewer Line
The pipeline connects to an existing pipeline on NW Columbia St and SW Commerce Ave; travels under the roadway along SW Commerce Ave to SW Allen Rd to SW Shevlin Hixon Dr., then connect to the station in McKay Park.
George Franklet, P.E., Project Engineer
email@example.com / (541) 330-4000