This project will design, construct, or repair curb ramps and sidewalks including those identified through the City’s Barrier Removal Request process.
Through the help of dedicated volunteers on the City of Bend Accessibility Advisory Committee (COBAAC) and the Central Oregon Coalition for Access (COCA), key corridors and neighborhoods across the city have been prioritized for accessibility improvements.
2018 - 2019 IMPROVEMENT CORRIDORS
Mountain View Neighborhood Corridor
- Jones St. to Thompson St. to Shepard to Meerkat to Dagget to Jackson
- Construction to occur summer 2018.
- 51 curb ramps
- 1,500 feet of sidewalk
- Addresses 15 Barrier Removal Requests
Dean Swift Neighborhood Corridor
- Sidewalk and curb ramp improvements along Dean Swift from Bear Creek to connect to existing sidewalk.
- Construction planned for summer 2019
- 12 curb ramps
- 300 feet of sidewalk
- Addresses 2 Barrier Removal Requests
Please visit this webpage for project updates. For more information contact either, the City of Bend Project Manager, Rory Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-388-5575 or the Accessibility Manager, Karin Morris at Accessibility@bendoregon.gov, (541) 693-2141.