The City of Bend Utility Department has scheduled two water main replacement projects for this spring/summer/fall construction season. The projects include replacement of aging water mains, water service lines and fire hydrants along sections of Broadway and Riverside.
NOTICE: ACCESS TO JACKSON'S CORNER RESTAURANT AND THE FRENCH MARKET REMAIN OPEN DURING CONSTRUCTION.
Click on the map components to open the legend:
Project construction will begin as early as April and will last into early fall. Construction will be completed in sequenced phases. Prior to each phase, the Contractor will be in direct contact with residents that will be impacted.
- Project Design - COMPLETE
- Riverside: April to July
- Broadway: July to October
- Project Completion - During Fall 2017
What to Expect During Construction
- Limited daytime access to parking/driveways for short periods*
- Access for emergency vehicles will remain open
- Residents may experience short disruptions to water service*
- Access to all businesses remains OPEN during construction.
* Contractor will notify the affected residents directly
The Broadway portion of this project will provide a new continuous water main from Tumalo to Delaware, replacing a series of aging, undersized dead end mains. The pipes in this area were installed between 1923 and 1959 and are now in very poor condition and have experienced multiple leaks.
The Riverside portion will replace the existing 6-inch cast iron water main that was identified by maintenance personnel as a high priority for replacement due to its age, frequency of leaks, and overall poor condition.
Both Riverside and Broadway projects will Improve system looping, increase water circulation and fire flow capacities. Construction will include the following:
- Installation of new 8” ductile iron water main, providing a new continuous water main along the entire project length
- New service lines and meter boxes
- New fire hydrants and associated appurtenances
- Street restoration will include a 4” mill and asphalt overlay from curb to curb with select sidewalk and curb section replacement as needed
- Two ADA ramps will be replaced in conjunction the City Wide Safety Improvements Project
Questions or Concerns?Please contact Nick McAteer, Project Manager Email: email@example.com Phone: (541) 317-3054