The City of Bend Utility Department completed two water main replacement projects. These projects replaced aging water mains, water service lines and fire hydrants along sections of Broadway and Riverside.
Click on the map components to open the legend:
PROJECT STATUS: COMPLETE
The Broadway St. portion of this project provides a continuous water main from Tumalo Ave. to Delaware Ave., replacing a series of aging and undersized dead-end mains. The original pipes in this area, installed between 1923 and 1959, were in poor condition and had experienced multiple leaks.
The Riverside Blvd. portion replaced an existing 6-inch cast iron water main that was identified by maintenance personnel as a high priority due to its age, frequency of leaks, and overall poor condition.
Both Riverside and Broadway projects have increased water circulation, increased fire flow capacities, and improved system looping. Construction included the following:
- Installation of new 8” ductile iron water main, providing a continuous water main along the entire project length
- New service lines and meter boxes
- New fire hydrants and associated appurtenances
- Street restoration included a 4” mill and asphalt overlay from curb to curb with select sidewalk and curb section replacement as needed
- Replacement of two ADA ramps in conjunction with the City Wide Safety Improvements Project