- Oct 11
This post was not retweeted
It was an emotional farewell to Fire Chief Larry Langston this morning. This much-loved man has served our communit… https://t.co/heFpgEawxQ
- Oct 09
This post was not retweeted
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Santa Express 2013
A Public Service Announcement
From the City of Bend Fire Department
For More Information contact: Garth White, Bend Fire Department, 541-322-6300Santa Express to Collect Food, Clothing, and Toys for Families in Need
With the down turn in the economy comes more need for support of local food banks and charities, and The Salvation Army is no different. In 2012, The Salvation Army and Santa Express collected 3611 lbs. of food and new clothing, 179 new toys and $147.00 in cash donations for Christmas celebration. Anything and everything helps, even if its one can of food or a small toy, that donation will go a long ways to providing a good dinner and a nice gift on Christmas and a smile on a child’s face Christmas morning. The Salvation Army would like to express the need for gifts to be given to teenage age kids as well. Please partner with Bend Fire Department in showing the community they are not forgotten this holiday season.
Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express food and clothing drive is heading into Bend Neighborhoods Monday, December 2nd through Thursday, December 5th. The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire Department are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys(new toys are preferred) for families in need in the Bend and Central Oregon area. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa and the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
The Santa Express schedule is as follows:
Monday, December 2: Morning Star, Canal View, Wishing Well and Phoenix Park Map
Tuesday, December 3: Providence, areas North and South of Neff Road. Map
Wednesday, December 4: 13th, Harmon, Albany, Milwaukee Map
Thursday, December 5: Larkspur, Foxborough and Elkhorn Map
- Bend Fire Department Fire Stations - Boxes will be placed as of Monday November 18, 2013 and will be there until Friday December 14, 2013
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Drive and Eastside on Neff Road
- City of Bend City Hall - 710 NW Wall St.
- City of Bend Public Works - Boyd – 62975 Boyd Acres
- City of Bend Public Works - Pilot Butte- 575 NE 15th St.
- City of Bend Police – 555 NE 15th St.
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B (They are providing discounts off of purchases with a donation through the first of December)
- Pappy’s Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd.
- Red Robin- 625 SW Powerhouse Dr.
- The Salvation Army - 755 NE 2nd St.
- Starbucks – Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, across from Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St.
- Wholesale Sports – 63492 Hunnell Rd.
For more information please contact Garth White 541-322-6300