COVID-19 INFO: City closures and cancellations, resources for businesses and people.

News from the City of Bend

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.

Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.

Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.

Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.

Reporting Issues Related to COVID-19 Restrictions

Post Date:05/18/2020 10:17 AM

The “Safe and Strong Oregon” order declared by Gov. Kate Brown addresses gatherings, closure of certain businesses, outdoor activities, and other events and/or activities. (See the full Executive Order 20-25 in detail.) Community members who witness a violation of the order can utilize the following resources instead of calling 911.

For employees regarding businesses:
Oregon OSHA is taking complaints from employees regarding apparent violations of the Governor’s COVID-19 executive order by their employer, in particular social distancing protocol in the workplace. Employees should contact Oregon OSHA if they feel their employer is violating the order: 541-388-6066 or 800-922-2689 (inside Oregon only); email; or use the Online report form


Deschutes, Ochoco National Forest and Crooked River Grasslands:

Individuals can call any of the local front desks to report a concern. NOTE: Offices are short staffed and may not always have a person available to answer the phone, but voicemail is being checked.

Oregon State Parks:
There is limited day use at some state parks. Camping is closed through June 8, 2020 at least. A decision about camping after June 9 will be made in the coming weeks. Check the Park Status Map for current information.

What happens if someone violates this restriction and visits a closed park?
According to the Oregon State Parks website, closed is closed. They lock restrooms, stop trash service, and it’s not safe for you to go into a closed park. Individuals who are seen in a park will be asked to leave and those who refuse will be issued a citation and law enforcement may be called.

Restaurants, Pools and Hotels:
Contact Deschutes County Health Services Environmental Health to report an apparent violation at restaurants, pools and hotels, at 541-317-3114 or use the Online report form or

Bend Parks:
Community members can call 541-389-7275 during business hours if they observe park use that is not allowed at this time. After hours and on weekends, call 541-388-5435 to report incidents in parks and trails. The Bend Park and Recreation District has limited staff resources and is asking for public compliance with park closures, signs and other markings on closed amenities.

Those in Deschutes County who believe they see a violation of current restrictions order that don’t fit into these descriptions can contact local law enforcement non-emergency at 541-693-6911.

Individuals may also contact Deschutes County Environmental Health at 541-317-3114, Online report form, or

The Governor’s order is enforceable by law enforcement, however agencies in Central Oregon have reported they are primarily focused on education and outreach about current regulations and would use arrests as a last resort.

Return to full list >>
Footer Broken Top Three Sisters