Para ver esta información en español, haga aquí.
Creating a common vision and implementation plan for Bend's core areas by combining tools, incentives, and programs such as Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
This project created a common vision and implementation plan for the Core Area of the City. This includes four of the opportunity areas included in the 2016 Urban Growth Boundary expansion (Bend Central District, East Downtown, Inner Highway 20 / Greenwood, and KorPine). Through this project, the City worked with property owners, area residents, and other stakeholders to:
- Develop an urban design framework for the area.
- Identify needed circulation improvements to enhance connectivity within and between areas as well as to the city at large.
- Identify programs and projects for the area, including streetscape improvements, public spaces, gateways, affordable housing, or art and beautification programs.
- Determine location, phasing, and costs for necessary infrastructure (sewer, water, storm water and transportation) to support potential development and redevelopment of the area.
- Develop funding strategies, incentives, and other implementation tools, such as urban renewal, to achieve the vision for the area.
- Identify barriers to development and any needed code amendments or zoning changes.
- Determine the boundary of a potential urban renewal area that would encourage investment within the area through tax increment financing (TIF).
- If recommended by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA), adopt an Urban Renewal/TIF Plan and Area.
Where is the Core Area of Bend?
The City looked at an original study area to conduct an Urban Renewal feasibility analysis and led a community process to identify a recommended boundary for a potential Urban Renewal/TIF District. To find out more about the TIF Plan & Report recommendations and proposed adoption schedule, visit the Core Area TIF webpage.
Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB)
URAB was appointed as a citizen advisory committee to provide recommendations to the Bend Urban Renewal Agency on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the area to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
This project is coordinated with the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP).
City Council and BURA to consider URAB recommendations
On Wednesday, May 20th the City Council and BURA will consider URAB recommendations for the Core Area
On Wednesday, May 20, the City Council and the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) will consider taking action on recommendations made by the Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB) related to the Core Area Project.
BURA will consider a resolution to authorize the Draft Core Area Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Plan & Report for formal review/comment by the applicable taxing districts, the County Commission, and the Planning Commission. You can find more information about the Core Area TIF Plan & Report including the proposed adoption process by visiting the Core Area TIF webpage.
In addition, City Council will consider a resolution to approve and adopt the Core Area Project Report which includes a comprehensive set of recommendations to support the vision and guiding principles recommended for the Core Area.
The City Council and BURA Meeting Agenda is available on the City Council Meeting Agendas and Video webpage. The BURA meeting will begin at 5pm and the City Council meeting begins at 7pm, the meeting will be livestreamed. There are two ways to provide public comment, written comments may be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting. Members of the public who wish to offer public comment may do so telephonically by calling 1-855-282-6330 and entering 961 544 861# when prompted for a meeting ID number. The public comment phone line will be accessible starting at 6:30 PM.
Members of the public that would like to listen in on the meeting only can call 1-855-282-6330 and enter in the following access Code 964 116 571# when prompted.