Para ver esta información en español, haga aquí.
Creating a common vision and implementation plan for Bend's core areas by combining tools, incentives, and programs such as Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
This project created a common vision and implementation plan for the Core Area of the City. This includes four of the opportunity areas included in the 2016 Urban Growth Boundary expansion (Bend Central District, East Downtown, Inner Highway 20 / Greenwood, and KorPine). Through this project, the City worked with property owners, area residents, and other stakeholders to:
- Develop an urban design framework for the area.
- Identify needed circulation improvements to enhance connectivity within and between areas as well as to the city at large.
- Identify programs and projects for the area, including streetscape improvements, public spaces, gateways, affordable housing, or art and beautification programs.
- Determine location, phasing, and costs for necessary infrastructure (sewer, water, storm water and transportation) to support potential development and redevelopment of the area.
- Develop funding strategies, incentives, and other implementation tools, such as urban renewal, to achieve the vision for the area.
- Identify barriers to development and any needed code amendments or zoning changes.
- Determine the boundary of a potential urban renewal area that would encourage investment within the area through tax increment financing (TIF).
- If recommended by the Bend Urban Renewal Agency (BURA), adopt an Urban Renewal/TIF Plan and Area.
Where is the Core Area of Bend?
The City looked at an original study area to conduct an Urban Renewal feasibility analysis and led a community process to identify a recommended boundary for a potential Urban Renewal/TIF District. To find out more about the TIF Plan & Report recommendations and proposed adoption schedule, visit the Core Area TIF webpage.
Urban Renewal Advisory Board (URAB)
URAB was appointed as a citizen advisory committee to provide recommendations to the Bend Urban Renewal Agency on the development of an Urban Renewal Feasibility Study for the area to accomplish the goals and policies outlined in the Bend Comprehensive Plan.
This project is coordinated with the Bend Transportation System Plan (TSP).
URAB 8 Meeting to be conducted remotely!
Due to public health concerns, the URAB #8 meeting will be conducted entirely remotely.
Members of the public will be able view and listen to the meeting live via the internet and by phone. Public comments must be submitted in written format prior to the meeting.
The Urban Renewal Advisory Board meeting will meet for the last time on Tuesday, April 14 at Noon to review the Draft Core Area Project Report as well as the Draft Tax Increment Finaincing (TIF) Plan and Report. Due to public health concerns, this meeting will be conducted entirely via remote conference using GoToMeetings.
The URAB 8 meeting log-in and call-in information is now posted on the URAB webpage and included below. The webpage also includes an updated Agenda & Meeting packet as well as an additional memo that outlines potential modifications to the Core Area Project Report for URAB to consider based on comments received to date.
Members of the public that wish to submit public comment to the advisory board, are asked to submit comment in written format by emailing email@example.com prior to the start of the meeting. Comments are encouraged to be submitted no later than 9 am on Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 to ensure URAB members have time to adequately review.
Reasonable Accommodations to ensure ADA accessibility, such as Sign language interpreter service, materials in alternate formats such as Braille, large print, electronic formats, or other accommodations are available upon advance request. Please contact Allison Platt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-322-6394. Providing at least 48 hours notice before the event will help ensure availability.
GoToMeeting Log-in Information (Participants will be automatically muted)
- Computer Device Log-in: Please register in advance for the upcoming URAB #8 meeting using the following link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3271831450579408142
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar from a computer.
- Phone Participation: Call-in info for those who want to join audio with their phones instead of computer:
- Dial: +1 (631) 992-3221
- Access code: 587-037-557