The North Interceptor Sewer Line is a large diameter sewer transmission line that allows the City to decommission pump stations, increase sewer capacity and create the necessary connection for the future East Interceptor.
SIGN UP FOR
Phase 1 construction of the North Interceptor Sewer Line began in July 2019 at the Water Reclamation Facility.
During the month of October, crews will continue drilling and blasting work as they progress west on Gentry Loop. Work at the pump station includes concrete formwork and pouring.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call the project phone line
Construction Update - September 5th 2019
- 60” and 54” Interceptor pipeline has been installed east of Gentry Loop, near the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF). Additionally, the pump station has been excavated and is ready for structural concrete work to begin.
- Crews have also begun working on Gentry loop. Traffic control measures are set up and drilling and blasting activities along the road are progressing through the next several weeks. Some things to be aware of for drilling and blasting activities:
- Safety is our utmost priority. During blasting activities, please stay clear of the construction area and respect all project boundaries and construction personnel.
- What you can expect during blasting activities:
- Air horns leading up to the blast
- Sounds and/or light ground vibration during the blast
- Dust in the air that will dissipate quickly after the blast
- Faint smell of explosive material that will dissipate quickly after the blast
Current scheduled work hours are Monday-Saturday from 7a.m. – 6 p.m. and occasional extended work hours as required. No night work is currently planned.
Construction across the North Unit Irrigation Canal is scheduled to begin in November of 2019.
The North Interceptor Sewer Line Project is an important project that will help the City of Bend meet anticipated sewer demands. The large diameter sewer transmission line for Bend’s north side will allow the City to decommission pump stations, increase sewer capacity, and create the necessary connection for the future East Interceptor. The first phase of the project includes work from Pioneer Loop Road to the City of Bend Water Reclamation Facility.
Please relay your concerns, comments, and questions to the project team at (541) 382-3264.
Above: Interceptor Pipeline Installation
Above: Gentry Loop Looking West with Drilling Operations in the Background
|Summer 2019||Begin Construction|
|July 2, 2019||Preconstruction Open House|
|July 2019 - September 2019||Water Reclamation Facility Lift Station Construction|
|July 2019 - May 2020||Sewer Pipeline Construction|
|November 2019 - March 2020||North Unit Main Canal Crossing Construction|
|Fall 2020||Anticipated Project Completion|