The North Interceptor Sewer Line Project is a large diameter sewer transmission line that provides additional capacity to the City’s existing sewer infrastructure, replaces portions of existing sewer infrastructure in need of repair, and gives the City the ability to decommission several regional pump stations on the north side of the City, which reduces future ongoing operational costs.
SIGN UP FOR
Phase 1 construction is progressing and is on schedule to be complete in Fall 2020. For more details, see the "Project Updates" section below.
Phase 2 design is nearing completion, and construction is expected to begin in June 2020. For a more detailed map of phase two, see the Phase 2 Segments Map.
For additional information regarding the Juniper Ridge construction zone, including Frequently Asked Questions, see the Juniper Ridge Construction Plan Update & FAQs.
Para obtener información en español sobre la zona de construcción en Juniper Ridge, consulte la Actualización del plan de construcción de Juniper Ridge y preguntas frecuentes.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call the project phone line at (541) 382-3264.
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE - JOIN US ONLINE!
Beginning Wednesday, May 27, 2020, we invite you to attend our virtual open house for Phase II construction of the North Interceptor Sewer Project. To attend, please visit www.bendsewerline.com.
If you have questions about the virtual open house or issues accessing the virtual open house website, please call the 24-hour project phone line at 541-382-3264.
North Interceptor Sewer Project Update - September 5, 2019
- 60” and 54” Interceptor pipeline has been installed east of Gentry Loop, near the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF). Additionally, the pump station has been excavated and is ready for structural concrete work to begin.
- Crews have also begun working on Gentry loop. Traffic control measures are set up and drilling and blasting activities along the road are progressing through the next several weeks. Some things to be aware of for drilling and blasting activities:
- Safety is our utmost priority. During blasting activities, please stay clear of the construction area and respect all project boundaries and construction personnel.
- What you can expect during blasting activities:
- Air horns leading up to the blast
- Sounds and/or light ground vibration during the blast
- Dust in the air that will dissipate quickly after the blast
- Faint smell of explosive material that will dissipate quickly after the blast
Current scheduled work hours are Monday-Saturday from 7a.m. – 6 p.m. and occasional extended work hours as required. No night work is currently planned.
Construction across the North Unit Irrigation Canal is scheduled to begin in November of 2019.
The North Interceptor Sewer Line Project is an important project that will help the City of Bend meet anticipated sewer demands. The large diameter sewer transmission line for Bend’s north side will allow the City to decommission pump stations, increase sewer capacity, and create the necessary connection for the future East Interceptor. The first phase of the project includes work from Pioneer Loop Road to the City of Bend Water Reclamation Facility.
Please relay your concerns, comments, and questions to the project team at (541) 382-3264.
Above: Interceptor Pipeline Installation
Above: Gentry Loop Looking West with Drilling Operations in the Background