- Jan 18
No information for likes
MOVE OVER and SLOW DOWN! It's the law. In the past 15 days, nationwide, 7 first responders have lost their lives while working on highway emergencies. Bend Fire and Rescue and the City of Bend Police Department are asking for our community’s help in preventing this tragedy, wherever you drive. The side of the road is a dangerous place, but that's where first responders rush to in an emergency. Please observe the "Move Over/Slow Down" law by doing just that: change lanes if safely possible and slow your speed. Thanks for helping keep each other safe #inBend
- Jan 17
No information for likes
City Hall in downtown Bend after a few inches of snowfall mid-January, 2020
- Jan 10
No information for likes
We're home to a new fire station #inBend, and had an amazing turnout yesterday! THANK YOU to our community members who attended yesterday's Grand Opening of the new Pilot Butte Fire Station, Station 306, on 15th behind the City of Bend Police Department. City Councilors Justin Livingston, Chris Piper, and Bruce Abernethy were in attendance along with Sally Russell, Mayor of Bend who accepted the key to the station on behalf of the City.
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report For the Week of September 2 – 8
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Over the Edge will be held on September 7 from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and will close the following streets:
- NW Lava Road between NW Franklin Avenue and NW Oregon Avenue
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Bond Street and NW Lava Road
For the Week of September 2 – 8
- NE Olney Avenue between NW Wall Street and NE 8th Street for milling and paving, road closure with detours, night work from 9/3/19 - 9/5/19.
- NE 8th Street between NE Jones Road and NE Ravenwood Drive for water valve box replacements, lane shifts, 9/4/19, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- NE Purcell Boulevard at intersection with NE Lotus Drive for water mainline valve repair, single lane closure with flaggers, 9/5/19, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- NE 8th Street between NE Franklin Avenue and NE Emerson Avenue for utility installation paving, southbound lane closure will impact roundabout at NE Franklin Avenue and NE 8th Street, detour in place with flaggers, 9/5/19, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Reed Market Road between Highway 97 and SE 3rd Street for grinding and paving, road closure with detour, night work on 9/8/19.
- SE 3rd Street between Highway 97 and Murphy Road for Amethyst-Mahogany Diversion Infrastructure Project access, road closure with detour, 8/25/19 - 10/18/19, night work from 8 p.m. - 5 a.m.
- NW Juniper Street between NW Newport Avenue and NW Portland Avenue for gas main installation, road closure with local access only, detour in place, 8/26/19 - 9/4/19.
- NE 4th Street between NE Addison Avenue and NE Xerxes Avenue for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, until 9/30/19.
- Brosterhous Road between American Lane and News Lane for infrastructure installation, road closure with detours, until 9/20/19.
- SE White Tail Street between Brosterhous Road and Brentwood Avenue for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, until 9/20/19.
- 15th Street between Chloe Lane and Gateway Drive for Stage One of Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, southbound lane closure with detour, 8/12/19 - 10/31/19.
- Murphy Road between SE 3rd Street and Parrell Road for Road for Amethyst-Mahogany Diversion Infrastructure Project installation, road closures with detours starting 9/11/19.
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Lava Road for grinding and paving, road closure, night work on 9/9/19.
- NW Colorado Avenue and SE Scott Street between NW Arizona Avenue and SE Aune Street for grinding and paving, road closure with detour, night work on 9/9/19.
- Powers Road Between SW Elkhorn Street and Porcupine Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/11/19 - 9/13/19.
- Rockbluff Lane between SW Elkhorn Street and SW Cliffrose Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/11/19 - 9/13/19.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: www.bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: www.bendoregon.gov/enews
Accommodation Information for People with Disabilities
To obtain this information in an alternate format such as Braille, large print, electronic formats, etc. please contact Anne Aurand at 541-388-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.