Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report For the Week of June 10 – 16
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Footzone Dirty Half will be held on June 9 from 6:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and will close NW Lolo Drive between NW Skyline Ranch Road and NW York Drive.
Bite of Bend will be held on June 14 – 16 and will impact the following locations:
Friday, June 14th
- NW Bond Street between NW Franklin Avenue and NW Oregon Avenue
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Lava Road and NW Wall Street
Saturday and Sunday, June 15th – 16th
- NW Bond Street between NW Franklin Avenue and NW Greenwood Avenue
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Lava Road and NW Wall Street
- NW Oregon Avenue between NW Bond Street and NW Wall Street
Bite of Bend Beer Run, Saturday, June 16th, 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Flaggers at intersections of NW Columbia Street and NW Galveston Avenue; and NW Riverfront Street and NW Riverside Boulevard
For the Week of June 10 – 16
- Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court, and Dooley Mountain Loop for paving, road closures with local access only, 6/10/19.
- Providence Drive north of Neff Road for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/11/19.
- Providence Drive between Neff Road and Highway 20 for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/11/19 - 6/13/19.
- NE 4th Street between NE Addison Avenue and NE Xerxes Avenue for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, 6/10/19 - 7/12/19.
- Intersection of NE Olney Avenue and NE 6th Street for crosswalk bar painting, road closures with detour, 6/10/19, 4 a.m. - 7 a.m.
- Eagle Road between NE Neff Road and NE Monte Vista Lane for infrastructure installation, northbound lane closure with detour, 6/10/19 - 6/26/19.
- Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
- NE Purcell between Empire Avenue and Spinnaker Street, closed for roundabout and corridor improvement project work, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 - 6/17/19.
- NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for pavement markings and sign installations. Rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging through 6/21/19.
- NW 15th Street between SW Simpson Avenue and NW Galveston Avenue for asphalt speed humps, pavement markings and sign installations. Rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging through 6/21/19.
- Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 6/14/19.
- The intersection of Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard will be closed to complete the construction of a new roundabout at this intersection.The closure will begin on Monday, June 17th and will last approximately 8 weeks.Access to Terrango Glen and Lava Ridges neighborhoods will be maintained during construction.Detours will be signed and a map showing these detours will be issued in future outreach efforts. Please be aware of construction speed limit changes in this area.
- Slurry Seal street restoration begins on the week of 6/17/19. Residents within the project areas will receive notification of dates and times for temporary street closures via reader boards and Type II Barricades. Restoration work will begin in the Quail Pine Estates, Pine Ridge Estates, and River Canyon Estates neighborhoods.
- Skyliners Road between Mt. Washington Drive and NW 17th Avenue for grinding and paving, road closure with detour, night work from 6/19/19 - 6/20/19.
- High Desert Lane between Empire Avenue and Plateau Drive for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, night work from 6/16/19 - 6/18/19.
- Plateau Drive between Empire Avenue and NE Brinson Boulevard for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, night work from 6/16/19 - 6/18/19.
- Layton Avenue between Empire Avenue and NE Brinson Boulevard for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, night work from 6/16/19 - 6/18/19.
- Montana Way between NE 18th Avenue and High Desert Lane for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, night work from 6/16/19 - 6/18/19.
- Lower Meadow Drive between Empire Avenue and High Desert Lane for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, night work from 6/16/19 - 6/18/19.
- Brosterhous Road between Whitetail Street and Franke Lane for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, 6/17/19 - 7/17/19.
- Empire Avenue between NE 3rd Street and NE 18th Street for Chip Seal street restoration, road and lane closures with detours and flagging, reader boards will be placed with information prior to closures, 10/7/19.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: www.bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at www.bendoregon.gov/enews
Accommodation Information for People with Disabilities
To obtain this information in an alternate format such as Braille, large print, electronic formats, etc. please contact Anne Aurand at 541-388-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.