Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the week of June 3-9
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
On Sunday, June 2, during the Cascade Cycling Classic, part of the established detour around the Mt. Washington and Shevlin Park Road roundabout project will be diverted for one day only to accommodate the bike race. Detoured traffic will be routed through the COCC’s Cascade Culinary Institute, rather than College Way and Regency Drive. Detours will be marked; please follow signs and expect some possible travel delays. We appreciate the partnership with COCC and permission to change the detour for a short while on Sunday to accommodate this event.
Bend Beer Chase will be held on June 1 from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. The following street will be closed:
- NW Idaho Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Bond Street
- Crusher Avenue between O.B. Riley Road and Archie Briggs Road
Cascade Cycling Classic will be held in Bend on June 1 – 2. The following roads will be impacted:
Saturday from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- NW Columbia Street between Simpson Avenue and NW Albany Avenue
- SW Shevlin Hixon Drive between Simpson Avenue and NW Allen Road
- SW Commerce Avenue between NW Allen Road and NW Columbia Street
Sunday from 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- NW Mt. Washington Drive at intersection with NW Summit Drive
- NW Mt. Washington Drive at intersection with NW Regency Street
- NW College Way, NW Saginaw Drive, NW Juniper Drive, NW Iowa Drive, NW Tower Rock Road, NW Promontory Drive, NW Three Sisters Drive, NW Overlook Drive, NW Remarkable Drive, NW Perspective Drive, NW Horizon Drive
Heaven Can Wait will be held on June 2nd from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Flaggers will be located at the following intersections:
- NW Galveston Avenue and NW Harmon Boulevard
- NW Riverside Boulevard and NW Tumalo Avenue
- SW Columbia Street between SW Shevlin Hixon Drive and Deschutes River
Footzone Dirty Half will be held on June 9th from 6:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and will close NW Lolo Drive between NW Skyline Ranch Road and NW York Drive.
For the Week of June 3 – 9
- NE 2nd Street between NE Burnside Avenue and NE Quimby Avenue for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/6/19.
- NW Twilight Drive, NW Nightfall Circle, Sample Court, NW Keenan Court, and NW Fitzgerald Court for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/3/19.
- Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court, and Dooley Mountain Loop for milling and paving, road closures with local access only, 6/3/19 - 6/6/19.
- NE Neff Road between NE 13th Street and NE Leehaven Lane for aerial cable installation, single lane closures with flagging, 6/4/19 - 6/5/19, night work from 9 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- NE Empire Avenue between O.B. Riley Road and 3rd Street/Highway 20 for street resurfacing, road closure with detours, 6/3/19 - 6/619.
- Providence Drive north of Neff Road for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/4/19 - 6/7/19.
- Providence Drive between Neff Road and Highway 20 for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/4/19 - 6/7/19.
- Fairway Drive between Country Club Drive and Parr Lane for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/5/19.
- Powers Road between SW Elkhorn Street and Porcupine Drive for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/7/19.
- Rockbluff Lane between Elkhorn Street and SW Cliffrose Drive for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/7/19.
- NW 15th Street between SW Simpson Avenue and NW Galveston Avenue for asphalt speed humps, pavement markings and sign installations. Rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging through 6/21/19.
- Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
- NE Purcell between Empire Avenue and Spinnaker Street, closed for roundabout and corridor improvement project work, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 - 6/17/19.
- SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
- NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
- Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 6/14/19.
- Providence Drive between Neff Road and Highway 20 for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/10/19.
- Fairway Drive between Country Club Drive and Parr Lane for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/11/19.
- NE 2nd Street between NE Burnside Avenue and NE Quimby Avenue for paving, road closure with local access only, 6/12/19.
- Powers Road between SW Elkhorn Street and Porcupine Drive for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/13/19 - 6/14/19.
- Rockbluff Lane between Elkhorn Street and SW Cliffrose Drive for milling, road closure with local access only, 6/13/19 - 6/14/19.
- The intersection of Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard will be closed to complete the construction of a new roundabout at this intersection.The closure will begin on Monday, June 17th and will last approximately 8 weeks.Access to Terrango Glen and Lava Ridges neighborhoods will be maintained during construction.Detours will be signed and a map showing these detours will be issued in future outreach efforts. Please be aware of construction speed limit changes in this area.
- Brosterhous Road between Whitetail Street and Franke Lane for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, 6/17/19 - 7/17/19.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: www.bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at www.bendoregon.gov/enews
Accommodation Information for People with Disabilities
To obtain this information in an alternate format such as Braille, large print, electronic formats, etc. please contact Anne Aurand at 541-388-5573 or email@example.com.