Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the week of May 27 - June 2
Please see detour maps below for Shevlin Park Road and Mt. Washington as well as the Empire Corridor work. Note that the Empire maps shows the current detour and the upcoming detour which will change on June 17.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Happy Girls Half Marathon will be held on May 25 from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. The following locations will have flaggers:
- NW Galveston Avenue bridge between NW Harmon Boulevard and NW Riverfront Street
- NW Mt. Washington Drive between Scenic Heights Drive and NW Links Lane
- NW Newport Avenue between NW Drake Road and NW Wall Street
- NW Portland Avenue at intersection with NW 1st Street
- Bend Beer Chase will be held on June 1 from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. The following street will be closed:
- NW Idaho Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Bond Street
- Crusher Avenue between O.B. Riley Road and Archie Briggs Road
- NW Columbia Street between Simpson Avenue and NW Albany Avenue
- SW Shevlin Hixon Drive between Simpson Avenue and NW Allen Road
- SW Commerce Avenue between NW Allen Road and NW Columbia Street
- Sunday from 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- NW Mt. Washington Drive at intersection with NW Summit Drive
- NW Mt. Washington Drive at intersection with NW Regency Street
- NW College Way, NW Saginaw Drive, NW Juniper Drive, NW Iowa Drive, NW Tower Rock Road, NW Promontory Drive, NW Three Sisters Drive, NW Overlook Drive, NW Remarkable Drive, NW Perspective Drive, NW Horizon Drive
- Cascade Cycling Classic will be held in Bend on June 1 – 2. The following roads will be impacted:
- Saturday from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 27 – JUNE 2
- SW Bond Street between SE Wilson Avenue and SW Upper Terrace Drive for paving, road closure with detour, 5/29/19.
- NE 2nd Street between NE Burnside Avenue and NE Quimby Avenue for paving, road closure with local access only, 5/28/19.
- NW Twilight Drive, NW Nightfall Circle, Sample Court, NW Keenan Court, and NW Fitzgerald Court for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 5/28/19 - 5/31/19.
- Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court, and Dooley Mountain Loop for milling, road closures with local access only, 5/30/19 - 5/31/19.
- SW Troon Avenue and NW 17th Avenue for milling and paving, road closures with local access only, 5/28/19 - 5/29/19.
- SW Colorado Avenue/NW Arizona Avenue between SW Industrial Way and SW Wall Street for geotechnical boring, lane shifts in eastbound lane, 5/29/19, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
- NE Purcell between Empire Avenue and Spinnaker Street, closed for roundabout and corridor improvement project work, with detour, 5/20/19 - 6/17/19.
- SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
- NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
- Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
- Providence Drive north of Neff Road for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/3/19 - 6/5/19.
- Providence Drive between Neff Road and Highway 20 for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/3/19 - 6/6/19.
- Fairway Drive between Country Club Drive and Parr Lane for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/4/19 - 6/7/19.
- Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court, and Dooley Mountain Loop for paving, road closures with local access only, 6/3/19 - 6/4/19.
- The intersection of Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard will be closed to complete the construction of a new roundabout at this intersection.The closure will begin on Monday, June 17th and will last approximately 8 weeks.Access to Terrango Glen and Lava Ridges neighborhoods will be maintained during construction.Detours will be signed and a map showing these detours will be issued in future outreach efforts. Please be aware of construction speed limit changes in this area.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
(541) 323-8519, email@example.com
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
(541) 317-3035, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at bendoregon.gov/enews