Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report For the Week of May 20 – 26
It’s weekly road report time. A couple of highlights to call out of this lengthy report:
- Street Preservation work is in full swing, which you’ll see in the weekly report. (The full season’s worth of projects are available here.) This week, the plan includes the closure of the roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, which is expected to last through June.
- Start thinking ahead to the closure of the intersection of Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard if this is part of your regular commute. Roundabout construction will close the intersection Monday, June 17th and last approximately eight weeks. Neighborhood access will be maintained.Detours will be signed. The Empire Corridor Improvements project is a priority project that greatly improves safety, active transportation options, access and connectivity for the neighborhood and the traveling public. The first phase of work includes rebuilding Empire Avenue from NE 18th Street to NE Purcell Boulevard, and a new roundabout at Empire Avenue and NE Purcell Boulevard which is expected to be completed this August. Design is underway for additional corridor improvements. Empire will be extended from Purcell to the intersection of NE 27th Street and NE Butler Market Road, including a new multilane roundabout.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report For the Week of May 20 – 26
- NW Greeley Avenue between NW Harriman Street and Bend Parkway for paving, road closure with local access only, 5/20/19.
- NW Irving Avenue between NW Oregon Avenue and Bend Parkway for paving, road closure with local access only, 5/20/19.
- McClellan Road west of Brookswood Boulevard for paving, road closure with local access only, 5/21/19.
- NE 2nd Street between NE Burnside Avenue and NE Quimby Avenue for paving, road closure with local access only, 5/22/19.
- NW Twilight Drive, NW Nightfall Circle, Sample Court, NW Keenan Court, and NW Fitzgerald Court for milling, road closure with local access only, 5/20/19 - 5/24/19.
- NW Franklin Avenue between NW Broadway Street and NW Wall Street for paving Mirror Pond Parking Lot, single lane closure with flaggers, 5/20/19 – 5/21/19, night work from 8:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Butler Market Road between NE Broken Bow Drive and NE Sandy Drive for utility work, lane shifts and single lane closures with flagging, 5/20/19, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
- 15th Street at intersection with Golden Gate Place for utility potholing, single lane closures with flaggers, 5/21/19 - 5/23/19, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
- NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
- Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
- The intersection of Empire Avenue and Purcell Boulevard will be closed to complete the construction of a new roundabout at this intersection.The closure will begin on Monday, June 17th and will last approximately 8 weeks. Access to Terrango Glen and Lava Ridges neighborhoods will be maintained during construction.Detours will be signed and a map showing these detours will be issued in future outreach efforts. Please be aware of construction speed limit changes in this area.
- SW Bond Street between SE Wilson Avenue and SW Upper Terrace Drive for paving, road closure with detour, 5/28/19.
- Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court, and Dooley Mountain Loop for milling and paving, road closures with local access only, 5/28/19 - 5/30/19.
- SW Troon Avenue and NW 17th Avenue for milling and paving, road closures with local access only, 5/28/19.
- Providence Drive north of Neff Road for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 5/30/19 - 5/31/19.
- Providence Drive between Neff Road and Highway 20 for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, 5/30/19 - 5/31/19.
- Fairway Drive between Country Club Drive and Parr Lane for milling, road closure with local access only, 5/31/19.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: www.bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at www.bendoregon.gov/enews
Accommodation Information for People with Disabilities
To obtain this information in an alternate format such as Braille, large print, electronic formats, etc. please contact Anne Aurand at 541-388-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.