Constructing a complete east-west arterial is anticipated to address safety concerns, connectivity, and mobility issues in southeast Bend.
SIGN UP FOR
The Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, which is funded through construction, is part of the City of Bend's Transportation Plan and aligns with City Council's goal to improve the movement of people and products around Bend efficiently, safely, and reliably.
Murphy Road is a busy collector route located in Southeast Bend. The project includes transportation improvements along the existing corridor from Parrell Road to Brosterhous Road and the extension of Murphy Road from Brosterhous Road, over BNSF Railway, connecting to 15th Street at Golden Gate Place.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call the project phone line (541) 322-9919.
Upcoming Open House Information
An open house prior to construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension will be held Tuesday, August 6th between 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m., at the Murphy Project Staging Area, directly across from entrance of The Bridges at Shadow Glen Neighborhood, 61155 SE 15th Street, Bend. Parking will be available in the open field west of 15th Street.
Upcoming Open House Info & May Update
The project team has summarized major themes and responded to comments collected at the City of Bend's March 14, 2019, public open house for the Murphy Corridor Improvements Project. Please follow the link to view the document.
- A rock crushing operation is underway in the project staging area west of 15th Street. The rock and aggregate material will be used during construction. Advanced crushing equipment with some of the lowest decibel output on the market is being used to minimize disturbance to the surrounding community. The crushing operation will operate Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. through the month of June.
- Construction will continue through the second week of May on the new Bend La-Pine High School waterline loop.
- Early grading on the east side of the Murphy extension is expected to be complete the end of May. Crews are maintaining a wet working surface during construction activities to minimize dust generation on the work site.
- Please note there will be minimal impacts to traffic (flagging operations as needed, no detours) during the waterline loop and grading work.
- The design team continues to look at the alternatives for the corridor. The 15th Street roundabout designs are progressing toward finalization in late summer.
- Open House and Informational Meeting:
- Thursday, June 13, 2019, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Jewell Elementary Library, 20550 Murphy Road, Bend. The project team will share the results of the Alternatives Analysis Study, discuss the project in more detail and answer questions.
- Summer 2019: Open house prior to construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension.
- Late summer/early fall 2019: Construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension.
Rock Crushing Operation
WORK COMPLETED TO DATE
Corridor Study completed: 2008 (construction funding reprioritized and project postponed)
Murphy Road Interchange completed: 2015
City Council approves project funding: June 2018
City Council awards preconstruction design contract to K&E/Hamilton: December 2018