Constructing a complete east-west arterial is anticipated to address safety concerns, connectivity, and mobility issues in southeast Bend.
SIGN UP FOR
The Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, which is funded through construction, is part of the City of Bend's Transportation Plan and aligns with City Council's goal to improve the movement of people and products around Bend efficiently, safely, and reliably.
Murphy Road is a busy collector route located in Southeast Bend. The project includes transportation improvements along the existing corridor from Parrell Road to Brosterhous Road and the extension of Murphy Road from Brosterhous Road, over BNSF Railway, connecting to 15th Street at Golden Gate Place.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call the project phone line (541) 322-9919.
Construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension project is complete and opened on November 1! Thanks to all who helped make this a successful phase of the Murphy project and those impacted by traffic detours and construction over the past several months. For more detailed construction update information please visit the "Project Updates" below.
April Project Update
The City hosted the first Murphy Corridor Improvements Project Open House on March 14, 2019. Over 125 people attended and shared questions and comments about the project. Responses to open house questions and comments will be posted to the project website, in the coming weeks.
The City will hold a second open house after the Alternative Analysis, which is targeted for early Summer 2019. View the project timeline.
- Survey and geotechnical work are underway along Murphy Road, between Parrell Road and 15th Street. This work is expected to continue through May 2019.
- The project team has reviewed previous design efforts and is evaluating improvement options available for the corridor (Alternatives Analysis).
- Preliminary design work will continue through September 2019.
- April 2019: Construction of the new Bend La-Pine High School waterline loop and east side of Murphy extension early grading to begin. Please note there will be minimal impacts to traffic (flagging operations as needed, no detours) during the waterline loop and grading work.
- Early Summer 2019: Open house at the conclusion of the Alternatives Analysis.
- Summer 2019: Open house prior to construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension.
- Summer 2019: Construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension.
WORK COMPLETED TO DATE
Corridor Study completed: 2008 (construction funding reprioritized and project postponed)
Murphy Road Interchange completed: 2015
City Council approves project funding: June 2018
City Council awards preconstruction design contract to K&E/Hamilton: December 2018
Waterline Loop completed: July 2019
15th Street Roundabout completed: October 2019