Constructing a complete east-west collector is anticipated to address safety concerns, connectivity, and mobility issues in southeast Bend.
SIGN UP FOR
The Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, which is funded through construction, is part of the City of Bend's Transportation Plan and aligns with City Council's goal to improve the movement of people and products around Bend efficiently, safely, and reliably.
Murphy Road is a busy collector route located in Southeast Bend. The project includes transportation improvements along the existing corridor from Parrell Road to Brosterhous Road and the extension of Murphy Road from Brosterhous Road, over BNSF Railway, connecting to 15th Street at Golden Gate Place.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call the project phone line (541) 322-9919.
Construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension project is complete and opened on November 1! Thanks to all who helped make this a successful phase of the Murphy project and those impacted by traffic detours and construction over the past several months. For more detailed construction update information please visit the "Project Updates" below.
Project Kickoff and February Update
- MOBILITY: Intersection improvements and the addition of a railway overcrossing to reduce delays and significantly improve emergency medical services and fire response times for citizens
- CONNECTIVITY: Improved traffic connectivity to adjoining streets, parks and schools
- SAFETY: Improved visibility at intersections and designated crossings, reduced vehicle conflict
- The selected Design-Builder received notice to proceed for the alternatives analysis phase in January 2019
- Survey and geotechnical work are underway along Murphy, between Parrell and 15th.
- The project team is reviewing previous design efforts and evaluating improvement options available (Alternatives Analysis).
- Spring 2019: Open house to discuss existing conditions, project goals, and solicit community input
- Early Summer 2019: Open house at conclusion of alternatives analysis
- Late Summer 2019: Present design and discuss upcoming construction
- Fall 2019: Construction Begins
WORK COMPLETED TO DATE
Corridor Study completed: 2008 (construction funding reprioritized and project postponed)
Murphy Road Interchange completed: 2015
City Council approves project funding: June 2018
City Council awards preconstruction design contract to K&E/Hamilton: December 2018
Waterline Loop completed: July 2019
15th Street Roundabout completed: October 2019