Constructing a complete east-west arterial is anticipated to address safety concerns, connectivity, and mobility issues in southeast Bend.
SIGN UP FOR
The Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, which is funded through construction, is part of the City of Bend's Transportation Plan and aligns with City Council's goal to improve the movement of people and products around Bend efficiently, safely, and reliably.
Murphy Road is a busy collector route located in Southeast Bend. The project includes transportation improvements along the existing corridor from Parrell Road to Brosterhous Road and the extension of Murphy Road from Brosterhous Road, over BNSF Railway, connecting to 15th Street at Golden Gate Place.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call the project phone line (541) 322-9919.
Upcoming Open House Information
An open house prior to construction of the 15th Street roundabout and sidewalk extension will be held Tuesday, August 6th between 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m., at the Murphy Project Staging Area, directly across from entrance of The Bridges at Shadow Glen Neighborhood, 61155 SE 15th Street, Bend. Parking will be available in the open field west of 15th Street.
Project Kickoff and February Update
- MOBILITY: Intersection improvements and the addition of a railway overcrossing to reduce delays and significantly improve emergency medical services and fire response times for citizens
- CONNECTIVITY: Improved traffic connectivity to adjoining streets, parks and schools
- SAFETY: Improved visibility at intersections and designated crossings, reduced vehicle conflict
- The selected Design-Builder received notice to proceed for the alternatives analysis phase in January 2019
- Survey and geotechnical work are underway along Murphy, between Parrell and 15th.
- The project team is reviewing previous design efforts and evaluating improvement options available (Alternatives Analysis).
- Spring 2019: Open house to discuss existing conditions, project goals, and solicit community input
- Early Summer 2019: Open house at conclusion of alternatives analysis
- Late Summer 2019: Present design and discuss upcoming construction
- Fall 2019: Construction Begins
WORK COMPLETED TO DATE
Corridor Study completed: 2008 (construction funding reprioritized and project postponed)
Murphy Road Interchange completed: 2015
City Council approves project funding: June 2018
City Council awards preconstruction design contract to K&E/Hamilton: December 2018