Constructing a complete east-west arterial is anticipated to address safety concerns, connectivity, and mobility issues in southeast Bend.
SIGN UP FOR
The Murphy Corridor Improvements Project, which is funded through construction, is part of the City of Bend's Transportation Plan and aligns with City Council's goal to improve the movement of people and products around Bend efficiently, safely, and reliably.https://bendoregon.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=13e8daee88cf40e3b993584ac3062225
Murphy Road is a busy collector route located in Southeast Bend. The project includes transportation improvements along the existing corridor from Parrell Road to Brosterhous Road and the extension of Murphy Road from Brosterhous Road, over BNSF Railway, connecting to 15th Street at Golden Gate Place.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call the project phone line (541) 322-9919.
15th Street Roundabout and Sidewalk Extension work began Monday, August 12th! The work will take place in three stages between August 12th and late October of 2019.
Project Kickoff and February Update
- MOBILITY: Intersection improvements and the addition of a railway overcrossing to reduce delays and significantly improve emergency medical services and fire response times for citizens
- CONNECTIVITY: Improved traffic connectivity to adjoining streets, parks and schools
- SAFETY: Improved visibility at intersections and designated crossings, reduced vehicle conflict
- The selected Design-Builder received notice to proceed for the alternatives analysis phase in January 2019
- Survey and geotechnical work are underway along Murphy, between Parrell and 15th.
- The project team is reviewing previous design efforts and evaluating improvement options available (Alternatives Analysis).
- Spring 2019: Open house to discuss existing conditions, project goals, and solicit community input
- Early Summer 2019: Open house at conclusion of alternatives analysis
- Late Summer 2019: Present design and discuss upcoming construction
- Fall 2019: Construction Begins
WORK COMPLETED TO DATE
Corridor Study completed: 2008 (construction funding reprioritized and project postponed)
Murphy Road Interchange completed: 2015
City Council approves project funding: June 2018
City Council awards preconstruction design contract to K&E/Hamilton: December 2018
Waterline Loop completed: July 2019