Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report Sept. 17-23
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Festival of Cars, September 15 from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Idaho Avenue between Wall Street and Bond Street, road closure.
- Oktoberfest, September 21 from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. and September 22 from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m., the following streets will be closed:
- Oregon Avenue between Bond Street and Lava Road
- Irving Avenue between Oregon Avenue and Harriman Street
For the week of September 17 – 23
- Metolius Drive closed at intersection with Mt. Washington Drive for gas valve replacement work, detour, no access to Metolius Drive from Mt. Washington Drive during construction hours, 9/17/18 – 9/21/18, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Third Street between Scott Street and Woodland Boulevard for gas line installation, lane shifts with flaggers, 9/17/18 – 9/18/18, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Butler Market Road between Eighth Street and Brinson Boulevard for aerial utility installation, southwest-bound lane closures with flagging and detours, 9/17/18 – 9/21/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- 14th Street between Albany Avenue and Galveston Avenue, full road closure with detours for work on Phase 2 of the 14th Street Reconstruction project. For project and detour info: www.bendoregon.gov/14thstreet.
- Empire Avenue between 18th Street and Purcell Boulevard, closed for road reconstruction, widening, and sidewalk construction, full road closure with detour, 9/11/18 – 12/1/18.
- In anticipation of high traffic volumes, modifications were made at the intersection of Brinson and 18th Street prior to the closure of Empire Avenue on September 11th. This intersection will continue to be monitored to determine if further changes are required. More info: www.bendoregon.gov/empire
- O.B. Riley Road between Mathers Drive and Cooley Road for infrastructure installation, road closure with detour, 7/31/18 – 9/28/18.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager