Keep up-to-date on weekly closures and detour routes during peak construction season.
During peak construction season—typically April through October—we send out weekly road and traffic reports each Friday to help members of our community plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. The weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within City limits that impact the roadways.
TRAFFIC IMPACT LOCATIONS
The map below shows lane and road closures on arterials and collectors and full closures on residential streets.
Click and drag to navigate the map, or use the + or – buttons to zoom. For information about a specific, highlighted project on the map, click it and a pop-up window will appear that contains detailed information.
WEEKLY ROAD AND TRAFFIC REPORTS
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of June 3-10
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Heaven Can Wait 5K, June 3 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., start and finish at Drake Park, flaggers will be at the following intersections:
- Galveston Avenue and Harmon Boulevard
- Riverside Boulevard and Tumalo Avenue
- Hummfest, June 9 from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., 2nd Street closed between Kearney Avenue and Lafayette Avenue.
- Footzone Dirty Half, June 10 from 7 a.m. – 12 p.m., start and finish at Ruffwear, road closure on Lolo Drive between Skyline Ranch Road and York Drive, flaggers will be stationed at the following intersection:
- Skyline Ranch Road and Skyliners Road
For the week of:
June 4 – 10
- Fresno Avenue between 14th Street and 15th Street for grinding and paving, road closure with local access only, 6/5/18 – 6/8/18, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Brookswood Boulevard at Porcupine Drive for curb installation, lane closures and lane shifts with flaggers, 6/6/18, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 14th Street between Galveston Avenue and Newport Avenue, southbound lane closed with detours in place, for Cascade Natural Gas main relocation through 6/8/18 and then for City of Bend 14th Street Reconstruction project from 6/9/18 through early July, at which time the section of road will be fully closed in both directions.
- 14th Street between Galveston Avenue and Newport Avenue, full road closure with detours for ONE DAY, 6/5/18, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. for asphalt paving.
- 14th Street from Simpson Avenue to Albany Avenue:14th Street is closed to southbound traffic from just north of the Simpson Avenue roundabout to just south of Albany Avenue for continued work on the 14th Street Reconstruction Project. The intersection of 14th Street and Knoll Avenue is closed. Starting June 9, 14th Street from Simpson Avenue to Commerce Avenue is expected to reopen to two-way traffic, including the intersection at Knoll Avenue.Access to businesses in this area will remain open throughout construction.
2018 City of Bend Street Preservation (www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation):
- Reed Market Road between Century Drive and Brookswood Boulevard for slurry seal work, westbound lane closure with detour, eastbound lane to remain open, 6/5/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Neighborhood south of Neff Road and east of Locksley Drive, road and lane closures for slurry seal work, 6/5/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Neighborhood south of Wells Acres Road, east of 27th Street, and west of Hawkview Road, road and lane closures for slurry seal work, 6/5/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Meyer Drive for conduit installation and manhole collar replacement, single lane closures with flagging, 6/4/18 – 6/6/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Reed Market Road between Brookswood Boulevard and Bend Parkway Bridge for slurry seal work, road closure with detour, 6/6/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Neighborhood east of 27th Street, north of Highway 20, and west of Providence Drive, road and lane closures for slurry seal work, 6/6/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Neighborhoods north of Empire Avenue, east of Bend Parkway, and abutting Boyd Acres Road, road and lane closures for slurry seal work, 6/6/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cooley Road between High Standard Drive and 18th Street for slurry seal work, road closures with detours, 6/7/18, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Roosevelt Avenue Water Main Replacement Project, Phase 2
- Roosevelt Avenue between Silver Lake Boulevard and Taft Avenue for water main replacement, road closure with local traffic access only, detours marked for thru traffic, construction begins on 5/30/18 with an anticipated end in early August. For project and detour info: www.bendoregon.gov/government/departments/utilities/capital-projects/roosevelt-water-main-replacement-project-phase-2
Other ongoing closures:
- McClain Drive between Shevlin Park Road and Mt. Thielsen Drive for infrastructure installation and paving, road closure with detour onto Shevlin Meadow Drive, 3/26/18 – 6/15/18.
- Intersection of 27th Street and Conners Avenue for pedestrian crossing installation, single lane closures with flagging, 5/29/18 – 6/5/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Rumgay Lane between Butler Market Road and Quiet Canyon Drive for utilities installation, road closure with detours, local access only, 6/1/18 – 6/8/18.
- Brosterhous Road between Marble Mountain Lane and Orchard Grass Place, bike lane closed for road construction and curb installation, 6/1/18 – 6/15/18.
- Intersection of 14th Street and Albany Avenue for 14th Street Reconstruction Project, full road closure at intersection starting on 6/11/18.
- Egypt Drive between 18th Street and Ranch Village Drive for City of Bend Egypt Water Line Project, road and lane closures, 6/15/18 – 8/24/18.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager