For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Girls on the Run, May 12 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., start and finish at OSU-Cascades campus, flaggers will be stationed at the Century Drive and Colorado Avenue roundabout.
- Bend Open Streets, May 13 from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m., road closures with local access only. For event details visit: http://bendopenstreets.org/. The following streets will experience closures:
- Delaware Avenue between Bond Street and Hill Street
- Florida Avenue between Bond Street and Hill Street
- Georgia Avenue between Bond Street and Harriman Street
- Kansas Avenue between Bond Street and Lava Road
- Staats Street between Colorado Avenue and Kansas Avenue
- Lava Road between Colorado Avenue and Kansas Avenue
- Chamberlain Street between Colorado Avenue and Georgia Avenue
- Sisemore Street between Colorado Avenue and Franklin Avenue
- Harriman Street between Colorado Avenue and Franklin Avenue
- Hill Street between Delaware Avenue and Georgia Avenue
For the week of:
May 7 – 13
- 27th Street at intersection with Twin Knolls Drive for sewer manhole decommissioning and paving, southbound, fast lane closure using lane taper, 5/7/18 and 5/10/18 – 5/11/18, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
2018 City of Bend Street Preservation Projects (More information: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation):
- Oregon Avenue/Hawthorne Avenue between Brooks Street and Highway 97 for pavement milling and temporary striping, road closure with detour, 5/6/18 – 5/7/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Harriman Street between Franklin Avenue and Lafayette Avenue for pavement milling and temporary striping, road closure with detour, 5/8/18 – 5/9/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Franklin Avenue between Third Street and Fifth Street for pavement milling and temporary striping, road closure with detour, 5/10/18, night work from 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
14th Street Reconstruction Project:
- The Simpson Avenue Roundabout at Century Drive is fully closed for work on the first stage of the project, which includes reconstruction of the Simpson Roundabout to a concrete surface and construction of the east side of Century Drive from Simpson Avenue to Albany Avenue. The roundabout is expected to reopen mid-May. Access to businesses in this area will remain open throughout construction. Google Maps and Waze will be updated with current closures due to this project. For project and detour info: www.bendoregon.gov/14thstreet
- 14th Street between Galveston Avenue and Newport Avenue for Cascade Natural Gas main relocation, southbound lane closed with detours in place, 3/26/18 – 6/8/18.
- Brosterhous Road between Marble Mountain Lane and Orchard Grass Place, bike lane closed for road construction and curb installation, 5/1/18 – 5/31/18.
- Woodland Boulevard between Second Street and Third Street for grind and inlay paving work, road closure with detours, 5/14/18 – 5/16/18, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Kearney Avenue between Third Street and Fourth Street for grind and inlay paving work, road closure with detours, 5/15/18 – 5/18/18, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager