- Nov 20
Have you seen this amazing and powerful story about people whose actions have helped save a life?
- Nov 13
Do you know what the City is doing to help prevent and minimize pollutants in our river or underground drinking water supplies? Each year the City prepares a detailed report for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality outlining our pollution prevention activities across several areas including: public education, public involvement; illicit discharge detection and elimination; construction site activities; permanent controls; municipal maintenance activities; monitoring; and underground drinking water protections. The recently completed report covering July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 is at www.bendoregon.gov/stormannualreport. Contact Wendy Edde, Stormwater Program Manager at 541-317-3018 for more information.
- Nov 09
City Offices will be CLOSED on Friday, Nov. 10, 2017, to observe Veterans Day. Regular business hours resume Monday, Nov. 13. You can honor veterans by coming downtown to watch the annual Veterans Day Parade at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 11. Here's a #TBT photo w/ Mike Baxter from a Veteran's Day parade a few years back!
- Nov 20
- Nov 20
- Nov 15
Council votes to amend Council Rules. Learn more: https://t.co/Ofa8DwgQoz
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Deschutes Brewery Twilight 5K will start and finish near the intersection of Shevlin Hixon Drive and Columbia Street on 8/11/17 from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., flaggers will direct traffic at the following intersections:
- Colorado Avenue and Columbia Street
- Columbia Street and Shevlin Hixon Drive
- Flashback Cruz will take place in downtown on 8/12/17 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. and will close the following streets:
- Wall Street between Oregon Avenue and Franklin Avenue
- Franklin Avenue between Wall Street and Lava Road
- Lava Road between Franklin Avenue to Minnesota Avenue
- Minnesota Avenue between Lava Road and Bond Street
- Bond Street between Minnesota Avenue and Oregon Avenue
- Oregon Avenue between Bond Street and Wall Street
For the week of:
August 14 – 19
- Portland Avenue from College Way to 9th Street for 2017 City Street preservation paving, road closures with detours, 8/11/17 – 8/12/17 and 8/16/17 – 8/18/17, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- ECLIPSE plans: The City and its contractors intend to proceed with paving plans to the extent possible, but will halt operations on August 19, 20, and 21 to accommodate additional traffic. Please understand that we may need to be flexible due to eclipse-related traffic congestion. Schedules are subject to change.
- Delaware Avenue, Adams Place, Jefferson Place, road closures for Cascade Natural Gas services installations, local access only during the day, roads open at night, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Intersection of Mt. Washington Drive and Yates Drive for street and utilities installation, single lane closures with flagging, 8/8/17 – 8/17/17, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street paving between Neff Road and Highway 20 is complete. Paving within the Neff Road and 27th Street intersection and landscape work in the center medians still remains to be completed.
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Ferguson Road and Bear Creek road, 24 hours a day
- CLOSURE CONTINUES – Reed Market Road is closed to all traffic, between 27th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive (including the Camelot/Daly Estates intersection). This closure restricts access to the easterly most section of Reed Market Reed only. Reed Market will remain open between 15th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive. Detours are on Ferguson Road to 15th Street. Southbound traffic on 27th Street remains open; northbound traffic is closed. This closure is anticipated to be in place until 9/1/17.
- ECLIPSE plans: The contractor will not be working on the 27th Street Sewer Line Project for the 4-day stretch from Saturday, August 19 through Tuesday, August 22. However, during this period of time traffic will still be restricted to southbound only between Bear Creek Road and Reed Market Road.
- Butler Market Road between Third Street and Second Street, eastbound lane shift to center lane. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Cleveland Avenue and Roosevelt Avenue, single lane closure for northbound, fast traffic lane for Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in August 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- South Third Street and Roosevelt Avenue center median lane closure for Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, Completion is anticipated in August 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- South Third Street and McKinley Avenue center median lane closure for Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in August 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- NW Broadway Street, construction from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Georgia Avenue, for a waterline replacement project. This section open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street. Project and detour info: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager