For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Tour des Chutes starts and finishes at High Lakes Elementary School on High Lakes Loop on 7/8/17. Expect cyclists and runners on Mt. Washington Drive and surrounding streets.
- Bend Summerfest will take place in downtown on 7/7/17 – 7/9/17. Expect closures on the following streets:
- Minnesota Avenue from Wall Street to Lava Road
- Oregon Avenue from Brooks Street to Lava Road
- Wall Street from Newport Avenue to Franklin Avenue
- Deschutes Dash will start and finish at Riverbend Park on 7/15/17 with the primary route following Columbia Street to Colorado Avenue to Century Drive. Expect flaggers, detours, and traffic delays in the following locations:
- Reed Market Road and Century Drive roundabout
- Colorado Avenue and Emkay Drive intersection
- Skyline Ranch Road and Century Drive intersection
For the week of:
July 10 – 15
- Jefferson Place between Delaware Avenue and Broadway Street and Jefferson Place South of Delaware Avenue for Cascade Natural Gas main installation, road closures with local access only during the day, roads open at night, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wall Street from Oregon Avenue to Kansas Avenue for paving, road closures with detours, 7/9/17 – 7/10/17, 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Bond Street from Kansas Avenue to Oregon Avenue paving, road closures with detours, 7/11/17 – 7/12/17, 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Bond Street and Wall Street from Kansas Avenue to Industrial Way for paving, road closures with detours, 7/13/17, 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Egypt Road between 18th Street and Ranch Village Drive for road paving, road closure with detours, 7/10/17 – 7/28/17.
- Franklin Avenue between Hill Street and 15th Street for railroad work, road closure with detour marked, local access only, 7/11/17, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please avoid this area if possible during the duration of work.
- Third Street between Burnside Avenue and Davis Avenue for railroad work, road closure with detour marked, local access only, 7/12/17, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please avoid this area if possible during the duration of work.
- Franklin Avenue between Harriman Street and First Street for paving, lane closures with detours, 7/12/17 – 7/13/17, 4 a.m. – 7 a.m.
- City of Bend Slurry Seal pavement restoration project begins on 7/7/17, residential streets will experience temporary closures during paving activities and will reopen as soon as possible. Upcoming residential areas include:
- Woodriver Village
- Streets near intersection of Mt. Washington Drive and Skyliners Road
- Streets near Summit High School
- Blakely Road between Powers Road and Reed Market Road
- 14th Street between Newport Avenue and Galveston Avenue for street paving, lane closures with detours, 7/19/17 – 7/20/17.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Ferguson Road and Bear Creek road, 24 hours a day, beginning 6/27/17 for about four months. (However, local traffic can travel northbound between Dove Lane and Bear Creek Road and between Ferguson Road and Stevens Road.) Final paving expected late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed West on Ferguson Road to 15th Street, then North on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and East on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- NEW CLOSURE – Reed Market Road will be closed beginning Friday morning 7/7/17, between 27th Street and Camelot/Daly Estate Dr. This closure restricts access to the easterly most section of Reed Market Reed only. Reed Market will remain open between 15th Street and Daly Estates Drive/Camelot Place. Detours are on Ferguson Road to 15th Street. Southbound traffic on 27th Street remains open; northbound traffic is closed. This closure is anticipated to be in place until 9/1/17.
- Medical Center Drive and 27th Street intersection signal is turned off. Left turns are not available and East-West traffic on across 27th Street is closed. Follow detour signs.
- City of Bend 2017 Street Preservation projects. Expect lane and road closures with detours and flagging. Expect traffic delays. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
- Third Street/Highway 20 between Division Street and OB Riley Road, single lane closure for northbound traffic. Lane closure to continue throughout the month of July. Expect delays especially during peak travel times. Accesses to the Bend River Promenade parking lot via Butler Market Road and Bend River Mall Drive remain open during the lane closure. Special lane closures will occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on July 11 through July 13, during this time northbound traffic will be maintained and southbound traffic will have a short detour. Please use Bend River Mall Drive to exit the parking lot. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Butler Market Road, east of Fourth Street, single lane closure for eastbound traffic. One-way westbound traffic will be maintained. Eastbound traffic on Butler Market should use the detour at Fourth Street to Studio Road. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Reed Lane, single lane closures for southbound traffic only for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in August, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion anticipated in August, 2017. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- NW Broadway Street, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Jefferson Place, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. This section of NW Broadway will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street. For project and detour information: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager