For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of:
May 1 – 6
- Third Street between Division Street and OB Riley Road, lane closure in the right-hand northbound travel lane anticipated to begin no earlier than May 1 for the North Area Sewer Improvement Project. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Egypt Drive between 18th Street and Ranch Village Drive for water and sewer installation, full road closures with detours, school entrances will remain open, 6 a.m. – 7 p.m., 5/2/17.
- Riverside Boulevard between Broadway Street and Louisiana Avenue for water line installation, single lane closure in eastbound lane with detour marked, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., 5/1/17 – 5/2/17.
- Intersection of Neff Road and Purcell Boulevard, utility work, traffic signal at intersection will be turned off, single lane closures with flagging. Night work: 7 p.m. – 6:30 a.m., 5/1/17 – 5/3/17.
- NW Riverside Boulevard, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Congress Street, closed weekdays beginning Thursday, May, 4, for a waterline replacement project. The project is anticipated to last through the end of June. This section of NW Riverside will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use NW Riverside Boulevard north of Tumalo Avenue, Bond Street, and Wall Street to bypass the work zone whenever possible. For project and detour information: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
- The City of Bend will be upgrading ADA curb ramps downtown through the end of May, expect lane closures and sidewalk detours, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily:
- Intersection of Wall Street and Newport Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Intersection of Bond Street and Greenwood Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Roundabout at Industrial Way and Bond/Wall Street, 5/1/17 – 5/31/17
- 27th Street closed to northbound traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek, 24 hours a day, for about five months. Final paving will happen late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then north on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and east on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- Night work at the intersection of 27th Street and Neff Road will be discontinued for about a week and then restarted for about a week. When the night work resumes, the hours will be 7:15 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Flaggers will be present to control and direct traffic safely.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, single lane closures for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water, and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
- Road closures near the intersection of NW Crossing Drive and Lemhi Pass Drive for water and sewer installation, one location will be closed at a time, detours will be in place for each location, 5/01/17 – 5/13/17.
- Lemhi Pass Drive between NW Crossing Drive and McNeal Way
- Labiche Lane between McNeal Way and NW Crossing Drive
- NW Crossing Drive between Labiche Lane and Lemhi Pass Drive
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager541-323-8519, firstname.lastname@example.org