- Drinking Water Quality Report
- Hard Water or Soft Water?
- Water Filtration Facility Brochure
- Water Testing Laboratory
Water Billing and Payments
- Water Sources and Protection
- Water Conservation
- Water System Planning and Management Information
- Local and Regional Water Forum
- Historical Weather Data
- Clean Water Works
- Cross Connection - Backflow Prevention Program
- Water Meter Program
- Standards and Specifications
More Water Information
Is City of Bend water hard or soft?
Typically City of Bend water sources have a hardness level range of approximately .99 - 1.46 grains of hardness per gallon.
This makes our water within the "soft" to "slightly hard" range as classified by the U.S. Department of the Interior and the Water Quality Association.
The table below lists the Federal guidelines for water hardness classification.
|Classification||Grains per Gallon|
|Soft||0 - 1|
|Slightly Hard||1 -3 .5|
|Moderately Hard||3.5 - 7.0|
|Hard||7.0 - 10.5|
|Very Hard||10.5 or over|