The Growth Management Department brings together the city’s long range planning and transportation staff to identify and manage projects of a long-term nature including land use, public facility and transportation planning.
The Statewide Planning Program requires cities like Bend to provide close coordination between planning for urbanization (Goal 14) and planning for transportation (Goal 12). One of the purposes for doing this is that cities in Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO) like Bend need to reduce vehicular use, not only by increasing the use of alternative modes of travel, but also by encouraging a mix of land uses whereby creating walkable developments.
Below are projects recently completed or currently underway.
| Land Use Projects:
Links to Land-Use Planning Documents
- Bend Comprehensive Plan
Links to Transportation Planning Documents
- 2013-14 Council Work Plan
- 2014 Council Goals and Priority Projects
- Bridge Program Annual Report
- BWIP Process Documentation
- Department Charter 5/18/2014
- Multi Modal Data
- Transportation SDC Report
- 2014 GMD Strategic Plan
- Multi Modal Safety Study 2012
- Transportation CIP Program Strategy