For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Deschutes Brewery Twilight 5K will start and finish near the intersection of Shevlin Hixon Drive and Columbia Street on 8/11/17 from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., flaggers will direct traffic at the following intersections:
- Colorado Avenue and Columbia Street
- Columbia Street and Shevlin Hixon Drive
- Flashback Cruz will take place in downtown on 8/12/17 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. and will close the following streets:
- Wall Street between Oregon Avenue and Franklin Avenue
- Franklin Avenue between Wall Street and Lava Road
- Lava Road between Franklin Avenue to Minnesota Avenue
- Minnesota Avenue between Lava Road and Bond Street
- Bond Street between Minnesota Avenue and Oregon Avenue
- Oregon Avenue between Bond Street and Wall Street
For the week of:
August 7 – 12
A full road closure will take place on Revere Avenue between 8th and 12th streets through August 10. Barricades will be in place with detours clearly marked. Roads will be opened at night. Local traffic will be allowed to access homes but detours for everyone else: 8th and 12th will be the North and South detour and Penn and Jones will be the East and West detour.
- Delaware Avenue, Adams Place, Jefferson Place, road closures for Cascade Natural Gas services installations, local access only during the day, roads open at night, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mt. Washington Drive between Century Drive and Yates Drive will be closed for utilities installation, detours will be in place during construction, 8/8/17 – 8/17/17.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Ferguson Road and Bear Creek road, 24 hours a day (However, local traffic can travel northbound between Dove Lane and Bear Creek Road and between Ferguson Road and Stevens Road.) The northbound detour is as follows: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed West on Ferguson Road to 15th Street, then North on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and East on Hwy 20, back to 27th Street.
- CLOSURE CONTINUES – Reed Market Road is closed to all traffic, between 27th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive. This closure restricts access to the easterly most section of Reed Market Reed only. Reed Market will remain open between 15th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive. Detours are on Ferguson Road to 15th Street. Southbound traffic on 27th Street remains open; northbound traffic is closed. This closure is anticipated to be in place until 9/1/17.
- August will bring a significant amount of paving throughout the 27th Street corridor. Please watch for frequently occurring traffic shifts.
- Mary Rose Drive and 27th Street intersection signal is turned off. Left turns are not available and East-West traffic on across 27th Street is closed. Follow detour signs.
- Butler Market Road, between Third Street and Second Street, various lane closures will occur during the week of August 7th. Two-way traffic will be maintained during these closures. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Reed Lane, single lane closures for southbound traffic only for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in August 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion anticipated in August, 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- NW Broadway Street, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Jefferson Place, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. This section of NW Broadway will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street. Project and detour info: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager