- Jun 23
On June 21, 2017, the City Council adopted a resolution to establish a committee to consider and recommend Charter amendments to the voters by May 2018. We are seeking applicants for the Charter Review Committee. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 10. To learn more about the Charter Review Committee and apply, visit: http://www.bendoregon.gov/government/citizen-committees/charter-review-committee FUN FACT: Bend used to be a part of Crook County, as seen in the photo below of one of Bend's earliest Charters.
- Jun 21
The City would like to recognize the winners of our Clean Water Works student video and poetry contests. The City, in partnership with BendFilm Festival and Zolo Media, recognize the following talented lead producers and their creative teams: - Tyler Bodi Sweet, Most Creative, “East Bend Boys and Girls Club for Clean Water” - Sequoyah Walther-Gingold, People’s Choice Award, “Clean Water” - Joe Sortor, 5th-8th Grade Division Winner, “Don’t Take Our Water for Granted” - Akira Talaba, Grand Prize Winner: Video, “Clean Water Works” - Lucie Wittwer, Grand Prize Winner: Poetry, “Flow Rivers” The grand prize winners win the opportunity to work with professional producers to develop their submissions into real commercials for broadcast. To view all the winning entries please visit www.bendoregon.gov/cleanwaterworks and click on the “Kids” button.
- Jun 22
Do you live in, work in or visit the Galveston Avenue area? Parking actually has a lot to do with how an area feels and works. Don't miss this opportunity to shape our upcoming parking study!
- Jun 23
- Jun 23
We're seeking applicants for the Charter Review Committee. Applications due by 5 p.m., Monday, July 10. Learn more:… https://t.co/fpQubKQxCQ
- Jun 21
Resolution establishing Charter Review Committee adopted by City Council. Here's what it means: https://t.co/62Xw79aaKR
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the week of June 19-24
- USAT Duathlon will start and finish at Summit High School on Clearwater Drive from 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. on 6/17/17 and 5 a.m. – 12 p.m. on 6/18/17. Impacted areas:
- NW Crossing Drive from Skyliners Road to Crosby Drive will be closed
- Crosby Drive from Skyliners Drive to Discovery Park Drive will be closed
- Elwood Lane & Langley Place from Skyliners Road to Crosby Drive will be closed
- Lolo Drive from York Drive to Crossing Drive will have westbound lane closed
- Clearwater Drive between York Drive intersections will have eastbound lane closed
- Bite of Bend will take place in the downtown area on 6/23/17 – 6/25/17:
- Minnesota Avenue between Lava Road and Wall Street will be closed on Friday evening, 6/23/17
- Roads between Wall Street and Lava Road and Franklin Avenue and Greenwood Avenue will be closed from 6/24/17 – 6/25/17.
- Bite of Bend Run starts and ends at Crows Feet Commons with flaggers on Tumalo Avenue Columbia Street on 6/25/17.
For the week of:
June 19 – 24
- City of Bend 2017 Street Preservation projects. Expect lane and road closures with detours and flagging. Expect traffic delays. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation.
- Orion Drive from Reed Market Road to Lancelot Ave, 6/19/17 – 6/20/17, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- King David Avenue, 6/19/17 – 6/20/17, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- King Hezekiah Way, 6/19/17 – 6/20/17, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Parrell Road from Powers Road to Badger Road, 6/21/17 – 6/22/17, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Neff Road and Purcell Boulevard intersection area for utility relocation work, lane closures, daytime and nighttime, 6/19/17 – 6/23/17.
- Portland Avenue between 8th Street and 9th Street for tree removal work, single lane closure with flagging, 6/19/17, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Portland Avenue at intersection of Juniper Street for tree removal work, single lane closure with flagging, 6/20/17, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Reed Market Road between Paiute Way and 9th Street for pavement striping, westbound lane closed with detour and eastbound single lane closure, 6/21/17 – 6/22/17, 9:30 p.m. – 5 a.m.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek roads, 24 hours a day, for about five months. (However, northbound traffic is open between Chilliwack and Bear Creek for local traffic.) Final paving expected late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed West on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then North on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and East on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- The Medical Center Drive and 27th Street intersection signal is turned off. Left turns are not available and East-West traffic on across 27th Street is closed. Follow detour signs.
- Clairaway Ave will be closed at the intersection with 27th Street for approximately 3 weeks beginning Monday, June 19th. Access to this neighborhood remains open via Clairaway Ave to the west to Pettigrew Road and via Daly Estates Road and Caleb Place to 27th Street.
- **Third Street/Highway 20 between Division Street and OB Riley Road, single lane closure for northbound traffic. Lane closure to continue for 4-6 weeks. Expect delays especially during peak travel times. Third Street/Highway 20 between Division Street and OB Riley Road, single lane closure for northbound traffic. Lane closure to continue for 4-6 weeks. Expect delays especially during peak travel times. **Accesses to the Bend River Promenade parking lot via Butler Market Road and Bend River Mall Drive remain open during the lane closure. Please use Bend River Mall Drive to exit the parking lot. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- OB Riley Road, south of Mervin Samples Road, southbound lane will continue to be closed this week for sewer improvements. One-way northbound OB Riley Road traffic will be maintained. Southbound traffic on OB Riley should use alternate routes at Empire Avenue. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Butler Market Road, west of 4th Street, ongoing bike lane and sidewalk closures on the south side of the road. A pedestrian detour is in place and bikes should expect to share the travel lane with cars. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Reed Lane, single lane closures for southbound traffic only for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in August, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion anticipated in August, 2017. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- NW Riverside Boulevard, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Congress Street, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. Anticipated completion is end of June. This section of NW Riverside will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use NW Riverside Boulevard north of Tumalo Avenue, Bond Street and Wall Street. For project and detour information: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager, 541-323-8519, email@example.com